Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

GTOUR 2010

Posted by: user265796 | Wed 2nd Dec 2009 12:38 | Last Reply

Just been checking out the 2010 schedule for the GTOUR and it looks amazing,having joined golf shake about 3/4 months ago i thought i would wait for the new season and it doesnt look like it will disappoint.11 events with hopefully at least 5 counting towards final order of merit!i just wondered who will be playing?its not often us amateurs can compete in a 'tour' of any sort.just registered for 1st game,click on gtour on game and events.hope to see more of you golf shakers on the list didnt see many of the big names there,yes you santorini thought you would be down mate.

Last edit : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 13:18
re: GTOUR 2010
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 13:05

Hi all.

David, because Golfshake provides the software and we (I) part run then you can just access with your golfshake username etc

John, glad you like the look.  It was a great success in 2009 and thoroughly enjoyed by all.  Whilst we have announced the 2010 schedule we will have a few more announcements very soon which we are excited about.  2010 should be a great set of events.

The events are open to all regardless of age, handicap, gender etc and you can compete in 1 off events or multiple which count towards the Order of Merit.

http://www.gtour.co.uk/tour/schedule/2010/

Regards, Darren.

user50657
Reply : Wed 2nd Dec 2009 13:25

Hoping to take some part in this next year, but it all depends on how the missus feels after our baby enters the world at the end of January. Hopefully she'll be looking for a few breaks away from home!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 3rd Dec 2009 21:04

user9368
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 16:45

Hi Richard

We are very much hoping so but not confirmed as of yet. As Darren mentioned we have announced some key dates for 2010 but we have many more announcements to make over the next few weeks. Throughout 2009 we have added features and additions to the tour ,event by event and we intend to continue to build on this during 2010. We are however hoping to announce a bunch of these before the tour starts in February but anything worth doing is worth doing well

John, thankyou for bringing the tour to the attention of others and for your kind comments so far. Everything we have done till now is based on the feedback of tour players and I am deligted that you have found the registration process a breaze. With regards to your comment above regarding Mr S, well he will actually be a professional golfer when the tour starts next year, so technically dosnt qualify, however I for one do hope that this dosnt mean he wont be showing his face at a few next year (Im sure hell be along soon to tell me about my spelling and punctuation errors ). Youll find other golfshake celebrities do come along to the events keep you eye on the registration page.

Darren, whats happend to the handicap, drop 10 shots overnight well done

user24437
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 16:51

Golfshake celebrities?

user9368
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 16:57

Hi Tim, you should have said you'd pe popping along and i would have rolled the carpet out for you

Tim hawkins everbody, tour player, jolly nice chap and designer of the gtour trophy

user24437
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 17:02

Don't like to make a fuss, where are my all black wine gums?

You forgot Golfshake Open organisers cup winner and CGL summer league champion

user24437
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 18:21

If you're going up there surely it has to be the Carrick on Loch Lomond, seeing how it's a De Vere and all.  I'd do that one, piece of cake from Derby and not too expensive either.

user52922
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 18:59

Great courses, as you say, John, but for us southerners we do not have to go as far as Scotland to play courses of comparable beauty and difficulty.

user52922
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 19:38

I have played Birkdale in a Pro Am with Jimmy Hulme from Gullane. In actual fact we won that day.

I have also played 3 times in "The Lytham Trophy", Formby and Southport and Ainsdale. Hillside only once but I do remember the attentive staff taking clubs, cleaning shoes etc,etc and 18 of the most beautiful greens I had ever seen up until that time.

My favourites down here are, in no particular order, Princes, Royal St. Georges, Royal Cinque Ports, all have been open venuse in their time, but my favourite course has to be Saunton, Devon and not far behind, Royal North Devon.

Then of course we have the two excellent links on the Norfolk Coast, Hunstanton and Royal West Norfollk at Brancaster.

When I played county golf for Somerset, then Burnham and Berrow was always on the menu.

Those of course are all links but then we have an abundance of quality heathland and moorland type courses. Surrey and Berkshire are well blessed with courses of this quality, but like you said yourself, they all seem to be priced way to high for the likes of me.

I can take you to five courses within twenty minutes of Wentworth that knock spots of the famouse one.

You are a good player and can appreciate the quality and design of these famous courses and you would play just as well on them because of their quality.

I now have to suffer this modern USGA spec rubbish they call golf courses, now. Nothing but mudheaps this time of the year.

user52922
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 20:10

Have not played up north for donkeys years, but it sounds as though £20 is a good deal for Formby Hall.

I will be organising a trip down to Saunton in the spring so will let you know by pm and you and your friend can join us if you so wish. They are all low handicappers except for me, so you will really enjoy the golf, I am sure.

To be quite honest, Birkdale is not one of my favourite courses but no matter where they play the Open, I always try and get to watch it on TV, although I would rather play myself than watch.

Last edit : Fri 4th Dec 2009 20:49
user52922
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 20:52

At the moment I am really struggling, I have tried walking as there are no buggies, but I get so tired I can barely swing the club. Of course when the buggies are back on then I will be able to get round again and I will possibly make an effort to support Colin and Simon in their very good Gtour events.

user52922
Reply : Fri 4th Dec 2009 22:01

I am fortunate that I have great golfing buddies who make sure that I get out to play. John.

They always include me in the away games, of which we play plenty.

user131252
Reply : Tue 12th Jan 2010 10:25

Anyone thinking about this should consider the new offer on the Travelodge website - £19 per room.

I've signed-up for a few events on Gtour 2010 (after a miserable perfomance in the 2009 event at Carden Park) a few mates and I will be jamming ourselves into my car/travelodge room/pubs etc and enjoying Oulton Hall Wokefield park and Slaley Hall this year.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

Its worth a go.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top