Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Can you add round scores for your buddies?

Posted by: user48929 | Mon 12th Mar 2007 17:10 | Last Reply

Hi all,

Sorry, I'm new to the site and whilst very impressed a feature that would be really useful would be the ability for one person to add scores for everyone in a round...

Bit of background...me and some mates from Uni get together no-where near as frequently as we should, which means that we can never remember how many shots we're supposed to be giving one another.  Add to this the fact that how much we all play/practice/have lessons differs and it becomes very difficult to track what the relative handicaps should be (none of us have official handicaps).

Needless to say, therefore, this site provides a great opportunity to get all our scores together in one place, get all our independant rounds on and then have a proper handicap to work from. 

But unless we all keep scores when we do get together and play (actually, not such a bad idea, given some of the banditry on display! then we have to email round the hole scores, par etc aftre the event....is there a way that whoever has the scorecard, could create a linked round for the four of us and input everyones scores?

thanks in advance!

re: Can you add round scores for your buddies?
user41897
Reply : Wed 14th Mar 2007 19:11

Darren can best answer this, but it is certainly possible.  I am in exactly the same situation with 3 friends from Surrey Uni 1988.  We get together 3 or 4 times a year and play (badly mostly).  They don't have accounts here.  I set up a Surrey Uni Brickies society and society managed accounts (which I now cannot edit the details of - can I do this Darren?) for each of them.  I then create competions for when we play together which allows me to enter their scores and send them the full game report afterwards.  I think it is possible to enter other players scores in competition rounds when they have accounts also.  If you use society managed accounts and they play other games you don't record it will obviously only calculate their handicaps based on the times when you play.  I hate to say it but... the best thing would be to get they to get accounts and enter all their rounds.  I accept they may not be a sad as you and me though!

Hope this helps.

Last edit : Wed 14th Mar 2007 19:14
re: Can you add round scores for your buddies?
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 21st Mar 2007 08:37

Yes you can.

You can either run a society and create addtional accounts from within the society or if you are only talking about 2/3 buddies then you can add additional accounts you control from the tools section.  You should see an option for multiple account management from here you can create the addtional accounts.

When you then next add a round you will be given an option to add for yourself of buddies.  If you then revist the multiple account management link from the tools section you will be able to see their rounds, stats and handicap.

Hope this makes sense. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top