Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Rain Is Our Friend Winds our Companion

Posted by: user50354 | Mon 30th Nov 2009 12:10 | Last Reply

Yesterday the rain belted down and the winds were strond and cold.

It took one tee shot 2 fairway hits and 2 putts to be soaked and it did not let up all day long..

Looking around the course it was completely empty apart from me and my partner who played on regardless of the cold drenching rain and monsoon style winds.

Yes, rain is our friend as we stood alone and the winds our companion. The fair weather golfers leaving the course to us.

It was brill............

Still want to be a marine Tony............

re: Rain Is Our Friend Winds our Companion
user52922
Reply : Mon 30th Nov 2009 12:21

Robbie, I admire your tenacity, but it is not something that I would be doing. I hate rain and do everything I can to avoid it.

user16106
Reply : Mon 30th Nov 2009 13:19

Will take course closure for me not to play, although dont like it when my grips get soaked. Can anyone recommend an all weather glove that works when the glove is wet and grips like sh##?

user24437
Reply : Mon 30th Nov 2009 13:25

I must admit that when I'm fully kitted up I don't mind the rain, it's only the wind I don't like - mainly because it does make some shots a complete lottery.  Fine on a links course but on parklands I hate it.

Had to resort to my pair of Callaway wet weather gloves yesterday, unfortunately they are now a bit knacked and I can't seem to find similar replacements, but they are just brilliant.  They have to be wet to work though and seem to get better the wetter it gets. 

user115085
Reply : Mon 30th Nov 2009 16:51

Plenty of Rain Grip type gloves about David. The wetter it gets the "grippier" they get. Callaway and footjoy make decent ones.

The best thing I find though is to have corded grips on your clubs.

user26342
Reply : Mon 30th Nov 2009 17:38

I must have been lucky in the Midlands.

I played yesterday morning about 8am & only had 20mins of light rain, after that it was blue skies

Course was still wet from the previous days rain but didn't mind that.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top