Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Conditions 25th Nov 2009

Posted by: user226163 | Thu 26th Nov 2009 08:31 | Last Reply

I would just like to bring to the atention of our members the state of the course yesterday.

Dutily at 7.45 am I phoned the pro shop and asked about conditions only to be told that all was well but no buggies fine says I see you later.

Arrived ready to play change of clothes in the car checked in, greeted my friends had a coffee and set off for the first tee. Well that was the only good bit as soon as we were on the course propper the top two or three inches were just sloppy mud, we played one through to four and short cutted back to the club house. What a slog, totally unenjoyable time. I have always enjoyed my winter golfm but yesterday was the worst conditions that I have ever played in.

re: Conditions 25th Nov 2009
user50354
Reply : Thu 26th Nov 2009 12:40

Conditions never worry me. With all this rain the country has had its top marks to groundsmen keeping the course open for me.

My course could do with a trim but I won't cut my lawn in the wet so don't expect the course to be cut really.

Could be a lot worse could be closed or under water but at least it keeps the fair weather golfers at home freeing up the course a tad....

And we dont arf look silly in our waterproofs waders and funny hats don't we.......

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top