Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Need a new stand bag - again.

Posted by: user24437 | Tue 24th Nov 2009 12:13 | Last Reply

Just realized that my Nike Sasquatch stand bag has split down by one of the carry straps - pretty common problem as I've seen a few others go there.  It's 2 years old and has been used pretty much every week so can't really complain about it.  So, am now in the market for a new one, anyone got any recommendations?  It's got to be big, comfy and have a 14 way divider.

re: Need a new stand bag - again.
user77012
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 12:27

Sun mountian no brainer.

user24437
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 12:34

i only asked, no need to get insulting you shp shg*ng b******.

user26342
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 13:39

Tim,

got to agree with Dave, Sun Mountain.

I've got the H20 design which means it 100% waterproof, ideal for this time of year. It's not got a 14 way divider but it's light, comfy & roomy.

Have you tried contacting Nike to see what their customer service say?

John.

user24437
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 13:41

I'll take it back to the Belfry John.  Obviously I didn't buy it there but it seems to work for some people...

user26342
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 13:53

If you don't ask, you don't get!!

user40826
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 20:09

MInes done the exact same thing.  Took it back to American Golf, as I'd had it for more than a year (2 years in fact) they wouldn't replace it.

user77012
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 20:32

This is the one you want Tim

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=290171424532

user24437
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 20:40

Ha ha.  a) the link is wrong, and b) it's only an 8 way divider

user16163
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 21:47

Tim

did you get my text mate

user24437
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 22:01

Yeah, got it no problem - was in the car but forgot to reply when I got home.  The one I've got at the moment is OK, but will need replacing so have started leaving websites open with the one I want on just in case someone notices, what with my birthday coming up and everything....

user24437
Reply : Wed 25th Nov 2009 08:31

Tried an Izzo bag a couple of years ago Bob, not sure what model.  The only way I could get it comfortable on my back was to sling it low, which meant all the clubs slid out when I walked!  Am going to drop into a couple of pro-shops today to have a look.

user24437
Reply : Wed 25th Nov 2009 08:53

Worth reading, this is.

Tried to phone Nike yesterday, not a chance, when I finally got through I may as well have asked if they knew where I could buy a long weight.  So rattled off a preliminary e-mail to prepare soften them up on the way to asking for a replacement:-

I've have a SaSquatch Tour Carry Stand bag which was purchased just over 2 years ago. Unfortunately the stitching has come away where the top back fixing for the carry strap fits to the main body of the bag meaning that one of the larger pockets is now unusable. I've looked at similar bags (some with less use) and it appears to be a common problem.

Obviously I need to replace the bag with a similar one, but before I do that I would like to know whether this was a known problem and whether or not it has been addressed.
Thanks
Tim Hawkins

As Nike are 'committed to customer service' and 'are prepared to go the extra mile to help' I was promised a reply within 1 working day I sat down and waited with baited breath.  This is what I got this morning (with my bold highlighting):

Dear Tim,

Thank you for your interest in Nike products.

We regret to inform you, we do not have any information for you regarding SaSquatch Tour Carry Stand bag in this Nike service desk. Moreover, we do not know where you can get a similar bag as that one.

We would like to share with you that this Customer Service is providing help for our customers ordering via our site www.nikestore.com and/or www.nikeid.com.

Therefore, we have only information concerning the products offered there.

We would like to suggest you to use our link “Find a Store” (bottom part of the screen in NikeStore.com). Simply enter your country and city, and it will show you the closest Nike shops, and they might have the product you are looking for, in the size you need.

We are sorry we could not help you further with your query, and thank you for your understanding.

Kind Regards,

Luis

Sun Mountain it is then. 

user24437
Reply : Wed 25th Nov 2009 18:46

Be interested to see if it goes in the same place Matt.  It's where the strap that goes over your left shoulder joins the bag, the stitching comes undone all along the pocket seam.

Have sort of decided to go for the Sun Mountain four 5, unfortunately can't find one in black, or at a push red/black at a decent price - anyone know any good sources. 

user52922
Reply : Wed 25th Nov 2009 20:15

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargains-and-rip-offs/tips-and-guides/article.html?in_article_id=487339&in_page_id=5395
4&in_advicepage_id=131

user24437
Reply : Wed 25th Nov 2009 21:56

I know about that legislation, it's a tool I've used on many occasions to date.  However I seem to remember there was a waiver for certain 'sporting goods', which by definition are meant to be used in adverse conditions.  Will try and find out what falls into that category (it's to cover stuff like walking boots, which are not expected to last more than 2 years).

Have talked to Mrs H about this and it she reckons that the bag is only a year old (how time flies!) and is now on a mission to find out who she got it from off the internet.  Meanwhile, may have to ask for instances of similar failures (Chris?) and the other person who mentioned it, if I can remember who it was... 

user26342
Reply : Wed 25th Nov 2009 22:28

TIM, I've got a friend who had the same problem & they took it back & exchanged it for a new bag. I think its deffo a problem with that model of bag.

user24437
Reply : Wed 25th Nov 2009 23:32

Found the order, will get in touch with them tomorrow - watch this space!

user77012
Reply : Thu 26th Nov 2009 00:24

I will get my people to talk to your peolpe with a price Tim. is that the model SM four 5?

user24437
Reply : Thu 26th Nov 2009 18:18

Found out Mrs H bought it from 118golf 11 months ago.  Gave them a quick ring, no problem, have promised to replace it.  Can't get the yellow one (never really liked it anyway, wanted the black one) until the new year so have plumped for the silver and blue model.  Should be here in a week or so as soon as they've shown it to Nike.  Quite a common problem apparently (tell me something new!).

user26342
Reply : Thu 26th Nov 2009 21:08

Tim,

Welcome to my world

user215495
Reply : Thu 26th Nov 2009 22:27

MIzuno stand bags i could reccommend as the strap on mine is 2 years old and no signs of wear , i play 2-3 times a week , and bag still nearly as good as new , sits well on lower back aswell..hope this helps.

G

user24437
Reply : Sun 29th Nov 2009 19:51

Oh Stuart, we'll be matching in Portugal.  Not tried it on a trolley, but a great bag in all other respects.  You can tie the pop-out legs down and it stands OK upright in the cupboard so shouldn't see why it wouldn't fit on trolley.  What's wrong with carrying anyway, yer big jessie?

user24437
Reply : Mon 14th Dec 2009 23:24

Not yet mate, should get it Saturday, seem to have had a bit of a stock problem leading up to Christmas...

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top