Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Awards night success

Posted by: user83900 | Mon 23rd Nov 2009 10:35 | Last Reply
<p class="MsoNormal">Had a great night at our yearly awards dinner at the weekend.&nbsp; It was my first year in competition at my club this year and managed to walk away with 3 monthly medals, the Summer Knockout Medal Cup and most pleasingly the Order of Merit title for accumulating the most performance points over the years comps.</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">Must say I&rsquo;m really chuffed with how I&rsquo;ve done this year, a lot of practice has truly paid off.&nbsp; However the pressure is on now to try and do it all again next &ndash; and retain my Order of Merit title!!</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">It wasn&rsquo;t all good news on the night though&hellip;.. do you know I didn&rsquo;t win a single raffle prize??!!! I can&rsquo;t believe how unlucky I was!! </p>  <p class="MsoNormal">&nbsp;</p>  <p class="MsoNormal">Hope some of you others have also reaped rewards from your practicing this year?</p>
re: Awards night success
user52922
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 16:21

Well done, Jim, indeed a good year for you.The handicap has tumbled very quickly.

user83900
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 17:28

Thanks chaps.  Yes John the handicap has dropped nicely, although my club handicap is actually a couple of shots higher than my golfshake one as rightly or wrongly I do enter my practice rounds on here as well.  However it's all gone in the right direction.

Hopefully I can perform to my Golfshake handicap in the NvS next year, looking forward to that again a lot.  I honestly believe a lot of my improvement this year was down to playing in the North v South, along with entering more comps at my club and playing for their team in a mini league around the county.  It really has made me obviously concentrate more and have more of a 'match' head and focus on, and help learn how to play under pressure!

Still a long way to go though and will be happy if I can maintain some consistency and even more improvement next year if possible.

I hope none of my above comments sound like I'm bragging or anything, just wanted to share some success to hopefully encourage others (I'll share my bad days/results as well!!)

user24437
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 17:47

Well done Jim, a well deserved reward for your hard work.  Hopefully you'll be able to carry on with it next year (well, after the crushing humiliation of the immanent N v S defeat).

user52922
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 18:07

The roll-up today was a greensomes format and I partnered  my N v S partner Darren A. and we got it round in 75 gross for 39 points to win by a mile. 18th on the Waterloo, David, Darren drove over the trees missing the pond and left me with 80 yards to the pin.

user25349
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 18:15

SHOTGUN!!! BUGSY!!!!

Jim is my partner for N vs S next year!!

Nice one Jim, keep it up!

user25349
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 18:34

Hmmm... But we only took half against Steve & Ron.. Although, I did save the match with a par at the last!

user25349
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 19:38

Well.. If you insist..

Last edit : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 19:39
user52922
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 19:43

Having walked round (correction, sat in Davids buggy) and watched the pair of you play on the Sunday, I knew that you both could be relied upon.

user83900
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 20:21

Yep, we definitely had to dig deep for that half point, especially with Ron playing so well and Steve entertaining with his sandcastles!!  I certainly was very nervous to start with but good company all round soon put that aside.  Only Lee's buggy driving made me nervous after that!!

Look forward to teaming up again next year Lee, by the way we must get together for a game before hand like we've mentioned....

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, may the good form continue!!....

user77012
Reply : Mon 23rd Nov 2009 21:18

Well done on your season Jim and your hat trick of awards, your 2010 Captain is proud of you.

Can't claim any individual success this year and bit disappointed on my Hcp going the wrong way. Really proud of my team efforts with our win in the NvS and captaining my club side to a league win and promotion. Also chalked up many wins and successes from players of all levels from high Hcp to +4 to Pro again this season from equipment me and my partner have supplied or rebuilt,which has been  most gratifying.

Last edit : Tue 24th Nov 2009 05:15
user24437
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 00:26

Thanks Dave, becoming quite addicted to getting clubs rebuilt and I'd like to think that they contributed to my successes this year, including knocking 2.5 off my handicap (not enough, but it's a start) - the first time I've ever won anything playing golf.  Won the organisers cup at the Golfshake Open (consequently earning the tag of 'Mr 36 points or thereabouts' and clinched the County Golf League summer series.

Just one more monkey to get off my back now - and his son....

user26342
Reply : Tue 24th Nov 2009 13:47

I saw my handicap come down by almost 2 shots, Came 1st & 2nd in the monthly medals, defended our title at the YMCA golf day, came 1st at charity day at my club.

Some of this success goes to the contribution Dave Ley gave when deciding on which new clubs to purchase & his efforts on custom fitting them for me.

Cheers Dave.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top