Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

golf show at the nec

Posted by: user60926 | Tue 17th Nov 2009 23:25 | Last Reply

Im going to the golf show at the nec on the 29th after my mate won 2 tickets after entering a comp in todays golfer magazine.

I want a set of new irons and am going to try a few different sets out whilst i am there.

Is there any makes and models anyone can suggest as i dont want to spend all day just looking at clubs.

I am after game improver irons as you can tell from my handicap.

Cheers Jason.

re: golf show at the nec
user40826
Reply : Wed 18th Nov 2009 18:46

I cant believe people still go to that tripe.  I remember the post from last year..... feelings towards the show were not positive.  I went 2006 and it was terrible - too many time shares and not enough golf!  I didn't hit a ball all day, you had to register and come back for a time - over 3 hour wait!

After entering several competitions there I was surprised I won a trip to Spain! oh and so did my father in law, oh and so did my brother in law - bloody timeshares! "They couldn't send the tickets in the post" they said, "come to Manchester to collect them from a hotel" Yeah right!

We came to the conclusion that 'We'd had better days out at American Golf!'

Hope I'm proved wrong though and its improved this year! 

re: golf show at the nec
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 18th Nov 2009 19:34

Chris, I also went in 2006 and yes it was packed with timeshares and property companies.  Thankfully the company went bust and 2007 onwards it was ran by a different company who tried to focus on golf directly, same guys who run the London Golf show.

Yes property companies do attend, but I would guess only to help cover the costs.

TaylorMade, Nike and Yonex all have a presence and TaylorMade will be showcasing the newly launched R9 and R9TP iron. 

Jason, just to pick up on your question I would recommend arriving earlier, checking out who's at the show, what you can try out and test plus check like Chris says whether any of the ranges have time testing etc

I will be popping down on Friday so will let you know.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top