Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

finding the ball at this time of year.

Posted by: user262865 | Tue 17th Nov 2009 01:38 | Last Reply

im forever losing balls at this time of year even when i hit them up the fairway because of either the leaves or worse the sun glaring in my face when im driving off. does anybody have any tips to help avoid this as i only lost 3 balls in my golf outing yesterday which ultimately cost me victory and 2 of them were on the same hole where the sun was glaring in my face on the tee box and i literally never seen the ball from the instant it left the club so i didnt even know which direction to look. the other was lost in leaves somewhere up the edge of the fairway.

theres probably not much i can do about the leaves but does anybody have any tips for the sun in your face. do sunglasses work or would you not see the ball?

re: finding the ball at this time of year.
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 17th Nov 2009 11:19

Play with someone who will watch the ball for you, you should keep your head down when you hit it anyway.

On many occasions I have walked up to fifty yards to get an angle so I could see my fellow players ball in the sun. Its just a simple thing of common courtesy.

In some conditions it is also difficult to see a Ball sat on a fairway when looking into the Sun and you have to look for it from the other side.

TheLyth

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 17th Nov 2009 13:31

Sometimes I'll go and stand in a shady part of the course so I can watch my fellow golfer's ball.

It's not much good standing behind the person hitting the ball as it just means that you are all looking into the sun.  Stand to the side so the sun is out of your eyes.

I've not tried the sunglasses thing but it could be worth a go.

Russ

user209897
Reply : Thu 19th Nov 2009 20:13

sun glasses work well, the high vis ones with the orange tint, i think they use them in fishing when the sun glares off the water,they're pretty effective,i was sceptical but they do a good job

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top