Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

An afternoon of experimentation

Posted by: user259181 | Tue 10th Nov 2009 17:45 | Last Reply

Went to the practice area today to ......urm .....practice - but they had alot of people having lessons and alot of water in the bunkers so the only area left was the 110yard practice hole, even this was very wet.

Well as I've spend lots of time on this hole using my PW and SW recently with some good results, I decided to try a couple of things.  Now I don't know if this is the correct way to do this but I was just trying alittle fading and drawing...to see if I could. All I did was to close or open my stance for either a draw or a fade. I must say I was quite surprised how effective it was. I just used my 9iron with gentle 3/4 swings and it went both ways quite nicely. Now yes it was off a mat and to say I have good control would be lying as I can't get rid of my slice using the bigger clubs.

But it was nice to feel like I had some good idea of what was happening and most of the balls landed nicely on the green.

Is this a normal way of trying to get the ball to go either way? and would closing my stance abit be advisable to help with my slice with the big clubs....or should I just stick to getting my swing sorted.........I think I know the answer

Just thought I would share my pleasent experience today with you chaps

re: An afternoon of experimentation
user99350
Reply : Wed 11th Nov 2009 08:44

Lewis, it's good to see you thinking about the game. My 9 iron is probably the most used club in the bag and invaluable from 100yds in, especially if it is windy. Keep it up, with every type of shot and you'll experience a new control. You'll reap the rewards.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top