Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Custom fitting + AG

Posted by: user253763 | Mon 9th Nov 2009 14:02 | Last Reply

I am 40 this year and as a pressie off the missus I'm considering asking her to get me a new set of bats, custom fitted.

As a quite high handicapper and with lots of room for improvement in the next couple of years (hopefully) is it worth getting custom fitted yet, or am I better waiting till my handicap drops.

The clubs i'd be looking at are Mizuno MX19's, MX100s or even MX200's, I currently have a well used but TBH perfectly usable MX17's, which I got 2nd hand off flea bay and get along with V well.

Also how are AG at custom fitting are they okay or am I better going to my Pro?

All advice gratefully received....

re: Custom fitting + AG
user221957
Reply : Mon 9th Nov 2009 20:18

I'm in a similar position re high handicap and room for improvement, swing change etc... and had asked similar questions. Most advice I got was to avoid the custom fit option just now due to potential changes in my swing and instead find a decent set of second hand improvement irons to replace my cheap JJB starter set (Maxfli Patriot IIs).

I'm now getting some more lessons with the pro and will take his advice regarding changing clubs.

Hope that helps.

re: Custom fitting + AG
user106712
Reply : Tue 10th Nov 2009 12:54

Another thing to ask about is the grip, I had my grips made thicker because I have quite large hands. AG did it for free. but I had to ask for it as they weren't going to include it originally

Last edit : Tue 10th Nov 2009 12:55

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top