Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Winter glove

Posted by: user34817 | Fri 30th Oct 2009 12:44 | Last Reply

Hi,

As the weather will start to deteriorate from now could anyone recommend a decent winter glove that gives good grip in the wet?

I have been told that the Callaway Rain Grip is excellent but Footjoy and Nike both do their own versions which are about half the price of the Callaway one (although the Callaway gloves are sold as a paid, one left and one right).

Thanks for your help.

re: Winter glove
user115085
Reply : Fri 30th Oct 2009 13:09

I've used the Footjoy rain grip one and it works well - no thicker than a usual glove so its not really meant to keep your hand warm - just provide extra grip in the wet.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 30th Oct 2009 13:20

I have a 'Wet' glove and it really is good.

Only ever used it twice as it has to be wet for it to work, the wetter it gets the better it grips.

Russ

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 30th Oct 2009 13:28

Try the Hirzl Ultimate Golf Glove  as featured on golfshake.com. A bit more pricey than the average glove but reported to last a lot longer!

http://www.golfshake.com/news/view/1249/Hirzl_The_Ultimate_Golf_Glove.html

user52922
Reply : Sat 31st Oct 2009 18:00

I tend to not play at all if the forecast is rain, but if caught out then I can usually manage with my very good towel. I prefer to keep my grips dry and a wet glove would mean the opposite, although they do the job.

user34817
Reply : Sat 31st Oct 2009 22:07

Thanks guys.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top