Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Wrong Handicap

Posted by: user271256 | Mon 26th Oct 2009 10:35 | Last Reply

Hi,

I've added 3 scores to my profile a 22 over and two 25's and yet I have a handicap of 20.7. My friend tells me this is probably the USPGA one but I'm in England and I can't find an option to change it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rolfe

re: Wrong Handicap
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 26th Oct 2009 10:56

Rolfe,

To work out a Hcp, SSS is used and not Par. Also a first Hcp is worked out with +2 being the worst score on any hole. Once you have a Hcp, it is adjusted taking into account that any score above a Nett +2 will be taken as Nett +2. This is why you will hear some of us saying that our Hcp System is based on Stableford.

So here are a couple of things to remember.

GROSS - Actual number of strokes taken.

NETT - Score for each hole after the Hcp has been deducted.

ADJUSTED NETT - Is Par +2 after Hcp is deducted on each hole where the Nett score is more than Par +2.

Even the guys who know our Hcp System, find it confusing at times.

TheLyth

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 26th Oct 2009 11:05

Rolfe also to add, whilst we use a system similar to the CONGU golf club handicap system it's not exact due to license restrictions but once you get going it's pretty much the same. 

The main difference is with the calculation of the initial handicap, here on golfshake we take an average of your first 3 rounds after doing a nett double bogey adjustment.  Clubs tend to take best.

user271256
Reply : Mon 26th Oct 2009 12:35

thanks for your help

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top