Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Skycaddie just got even better

Posted by: user77012 | Thu 15th Oct 2009 00:38 | Last Reply

SkyCaddie QuickVue™ powered by TrueGround™ Mapping

SkyCaddie’s exclusive QuickVue™ provides a virtual preview of the safest path from the tee to green. At a single glance, golfers know the exact green shape with IntelliGreen®, the total distance from tee to the green, the shape of the golf hole, the distance and direction to the perfect fairway position and the distance remaining from that position for the approach shot to the green. All information is derived from SkyCaddie’s exclusive TrueGround™ mapping technology to provide golfer’s with the highest reliability in the industry. QuickVue is available immediately on over 24,000 courses worldwide on SkyCaddie® devices supporting this powerful new feature.

Unlike most rangefinders relying on satellite imagery that is often outdated and unreliable, SkyCaddie courses are mapped from the ground with survey-grade GPS equipment. QuickVue™, powered by TrueGround™ mapping, is now accessible to SkyCaddie® members owning an SG3.5 or SG5 with software version 3.0, also known as the Course & Feature Expansion Package.

SkyCaddie’s QuickVue is an example of SkyGolf’s commitment to golfers of all skill levels to play better, play smarter, play faster and HAVE MORE FUN! It costs more to do it right, but SkyCaddie believes your game is worth it.

Note: QuickVue is available for SkyCaddie SG3, SG3.5, SG4 and SG5 models. QuickVue is not available for par 3 holes. QuickVue is not available on courses that include HoleVue™.

IntelliGreen® Pro

With SkyCaddie’s new IntelliGreen® Pro, you can plan your approach shots with the same critical information and precision used by PGA Tour players!

Many greens have major elevation changes — upper levels, lower levels, mounds and false fronts — that require an approach to avoid being on the wrong place on the green.* Failing to take these into consideration can lead to three putts and lost strokes. With SkyCaddie’s exclusive ground-mapping technology, you’ll know the distances to those parts of the green to avoid in order to “dial in”, or maximize, your scoring opportunities. No other rangefinder can provide this information, yet no Tour player would play without it. Lasers can’t measure to these areas on the green, and GPS products relying on satellite imagery can’t see — much less map — these key areas on greens.

IntelliGreen® Pro (Beta) is a dynamically-enhanced version of IntelliGreen® that adds the ability to display major tiers, contours, false fronts and mounds from your angle of approach to the green. By simply moving the IntelliGreen crosshairs to the ridge lines on the image of the green, you’ll get instant distances and depth information to major tiers. With IntelliGreen Pro, you’ll always know what’s ahead, no matter where you are on the hole... even if you can’t see the green!

A Beta release of IntelliGreen Pro is now accessible to SkyCaddie® members with software version 3.0, also known as the Course & Feature Expansion Package.

A limited number of SkyCourses® with this new feature are currently available for use, during this Beta testing period. Assuming a successful Beta testing period, with generous feedback from customers, IntelliGreen Pro will be offered for golf courses with significant contours.

IntelliGreen Pro is an example of SkyGolf’s commitment to golfers of all skill levels to play better, play smarter, play faster and HAVE MORE FUN! It costs more to do it right, but SkyCaddie believes your game is worth it.

*Note: Not all greens and not all courses have noteworthy major green contours to require this feature. IntelliGreen Pro is not available for SG1, SG2, and SG2.5Lite models. In conformance with USGA regulations, SkyCaddie does not factor slopes or gradients into distance calculations.

re: Skycaddie just got even better
user24437
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 07:55

Your English has got better David

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 08:37

I thought devices that could help you read a green (which this would) were illegal 

user25349
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 09:19

I thought this was spam...

user77012
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 09:41

ddiolch Tim,

Apparently not Chris still doesn't telll you anymore than  course planner.

user24437
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 09:43

Back to normal I see!

user26342
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 12:57

Chris,

I don't think it's giving you any 'slope' information about the green just the width, length etc so it's all legal.

hmmm, considering swapping back to skycaddie now, anybody wanna buy a sureshot or do a straight swap?

user24437
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 13:20

Only if the screen isn't scratched Floody.  Unless you know of any way that could be prevented?

user26342
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 14:16

Tim,

I do actually, there's a product called........oh hang on a mo your taking the pi$$

user24437
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 14:32

user26342
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 16:40

Tim,

whatever you get up too in your spare time is up to you

user24437
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 19:34

You should try looking for images of cling film on google with the safe search switched off.  Now I'm as easy going as the next man, but really....

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 17th Oct 2009 21:11

Chris I think the Contour functionality is what Perryranger was refering to.  Not sure if there is a specific ruling about legality of reading the green but surely that is one step to far ?

If it's a 3d image of the green contour then that is one step further than the strokesaver 2d type of images

user40826
Reply : Sun 18th Oct 2009 08:21

So I've downloaded the new software for my SG5.  Looking at the picture on the opening post, I can only get the 1st out of the 3 images on my skycaddie - the 3d view.  It was no help at all really on the course!

I only really want the top down view of each hole before I play each hole.  Is there an option I need to click on??

user77012
Reply : Sun 18th Oct 2009 12:00

Chris not all courses have the full mapping as yet only a select few and I don't know which ones . This is from my opening post:-

"A limited number of SkyCourses® with this new feature are currently available for use, during this Beta testing period. Assuming a successful Beta testing period, with generous feedback from customers, IntelliGreen Pro will be offered for golf courses with significant contours."

user40826
Reply : Sun 18th Oct 2009 15:02

Thanks for for the response Dave,  I wasn't asking about the IntelliGreen Pro more the second image in the picture.  The top down view of the hole is much more user friendly then the 3D version of each hole.  Is this available on all courses?

user77012
Reply : Sun 18th Oct 2009 15:59

Ok chris ,I have gotten to the bottom of this all the courses have quick veiw, intelligreen and the Hole veiw  will come later, the only courses to have it that I can find are Pebble beach and TPC none in this country. In your favorites when you sync there is new colums stating what functions each course has. I tried to upload Pebble to se how it looks but I don't subscribe to US courses so we will have to wait a bit longer, Why they havn't put in St Andrews the home of golf  beats me.I may be a bit premature  in singing their praises!!

user40826
Reply : Mon 19th Oct 2009 07:00

Ah cheers for that Dave,  I'll sit and wait then for this.  I have to say, I am really disappointed by the 3D hole view.  The graphics are just to bland.  Really all they need is the top down view for each hole with the hazards marked clearly on them.  Using the 3D you cant tell where they are - and thats the bloody point of it!

Anyway, here's hoping for more improvements to the BETA.

Is there anyway I can submit feedback to Skycaddie on this?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top