Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Scoretracker....

Posted by: user237662 | Mon 5th Oct 2009 10:34 | Last Reply

Not sure which forum this belongs in - however I guess it's feedback from me...

I use two browsers - IE8, and Google Chrome. I appear to have issues with both when posting a round.

In Chrome when I go to add the detailed analysis (putts, FIR, GIR etc...) the form to enter the data appears behind the advertising on the right - sounds like a realtive layout issue in your css for Chrome to me.

In IE8 - I can see the detailed analysis ok, but it only saves data about the 1st 9 holes. Now is this because:

1. I originally added the round in Chrome, but could not get to the back 9, so added anyway, then edited using IE8. - The edit does not retrieve the data either...

2. or because there is a more generic issue with the scoring system and simply does not work correctly with the new site design on any browser?

By the way happy to beta test new site releases if you need assistance.

Henry

re: Scoretracker....
user237662
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 10:48

Ok - tried it in Firefox 3.5.2, same issue when tried to update and retrieve detailed analysis. So deleted the round, re-added from scratch, added all 18 holes of detailed analysis, e voila...

However stil does not retrieve the detailed data to be editted, returns a blank page to re-enter from scratch. The layout for detaile ddesign in Firefox is fine. So just chrom where that issue exists.

Regards

Henry

user24437
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 11:32

Interested to hear what Darren says about this, but I've got 3 PC's which use different browsers - IE7 (running on Win 2K), Firefox (running on XP Pro) and Chrome (running on XP Pro 64) and don't have problems inputting or viewing round on any of them....

user237662
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 12:31

Thx Tim - can you retrieve the detailed stats and edit? Or do you need to re-enter - I think I could in the past...

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 12:41

I did add a bug to non FireFox browsers over the weekend but thought I had fixed at 11:42am today.  I will go and check now.

Henry, yes if you view all rounds you can go back and edit.  You have to submit the score data to get on to the advanced stat data.

Regards, Darren.

user26342
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 14:00

Can we also get the forums etc to work on mobile's?? I'm now using a HTC HERO running Android & I can't input or update anything!!

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 14:24

John, I will be moving to a new WYSIG editor soon. 

I use a G1 android phone and it works fine for me?  anyway that's pointless as I will be shifting soon to an udpate.

user237662
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 14:30

Darren,

Thanks in terms of accessing the advanced stat data I am doing exactly that but when I get there nada, zilch, empty... - on all 3 browsers. There would seem to be a bug that if you enter adv stats partially - i.e. 1st 9 only, then assume you and the rest later you cannot... sticks to the 1st 9 you entered.

Henry

user26342
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 15:05

Darren,

what browser do you use on your phone?

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 15:44

Henry, can I log in as you and check your data ?  will do a temp password change if you give me the ok

John, standard one what ever google threw at me

user237662
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 15:48

john, posted this from opera mini, on windows mobile 61 on an HTC Diamond. darren feel free...

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 17:00

I use an iphone and while I can read everything on the site I cannot enter anything

user24437
Reply : Mon 5th Oct 2009 17:14

Keep repeating yourself as well

Reply : Tue 6th Oct 2009 08:23

How bizarre.  I actually posted something completely different as an add-on. 

user26342
Reply : Tue 6th Oct 2009 11:48

Chris,

What do you mean?

Reply : Tue 6th Oct 2009 13:39

I posted along the lines of: -

On a different (but related) subject, you were going to look at allowing scores and stats to be added directly to the site while playing.  Were you able to get that up and running or is that part of a different update?

As you can see, totally different post. 

user26342
Reply : Tue 6th Oct 2009 15:18

Chris,

I think that belongs in the 'Slow play' topic!!!! Imagine everyone trying to input their data while playing????

Reply : Wed 7th Oct 2009 09:50

Can't see it being any different to marking your card while walking to the next tee or while your partners tee off to be honest John.

user26342
Reply : Wed 7th Oct 2009 12:04

Can't see it being any different to marking your card while walking to the next tee or while your partners tee off to be honest John.

Chris,

If your leaving the application running in the background & your internet connection is permanently on (both of which will drain your battery) then I suppose doing it while walking to the next tee won't take much time, although you'll have to watch where your walking!!

If however your doing it while your partner(s) tee off then this is in line with the comment someone made in the 'slow play' topic about playing partners not watching where their partners tee shots are going, hence longer looking times etc.

Last edit : Wed 7th Oct 2009 12:05

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top