Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Driver loft

Posted by: user266903 | Thu 1st Oct 2009 12:37 | Last Reply

I am looking to buy a new driver but am not sure what loft to get.  I have been palying golf for about 18months, cant hit it very far and have the most fantastic slice. My current driver has a 10.5 loft.  I tend to hit the ball very high. 

Has anyone got any advice

re: Driver loft
user52922
Reply : Thu 1st Oct 2009 21:03

A slice is a major problem, Jon.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 2nd Oct 2009 09:16

The lower the loft the worse the slice will generally be

user77012
Reply : Fri 2nd Oct 2009 09:56

Jon, the true loft on your driver my be a lot more than 10.5 could be as much as 13* due to mass production and poor quality control,added by you swing from the outside which will add more loft. If you learn to swing from the insde I'm sure your current driver will be fine. 

user105410
Reply : Thu 15th Oct 2009 18:00

Dear Jon:

Besides taking a couple of lessons, take the time to goto a Demo Day or a certified club maker of some sort. It takes a bout a hour to go thru get FITTED for the right loft and shaft. This will a little in the slicing department. Most golfers shoulb be in Higher loft you want to be lauching your golf ball around 15 dergrees off the tee. Your spin rate for a driver should be around 3,000 no higher for a golf ball as well. Hope this helps and good luck.

Kieran McCarthy PGA USA

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top