Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Starting to develop a slice

Posted by: user252365 | Thu 17th Sep 2009 12:34 | Last Reply

Hello all,

As you can tell by my handicap I am definitely a novice to the game. But I would say I'm definitely improving with every round, my problem is still consistency more than anything else.

However on my last few trips to the driving range, after hitting about 20-30 balls I start to develop a slice. Maybe it is because I am getting a bit tired, afterall you don't hit balls on the course so regularly, but it is a concern for me.

Can anyone tell me the main reasons for slicing the ball and then maybe its something I need to work on a bit more? Try and build my stamina up a bit.

Thank you again for all your advice.

Cheers, Rob 

re: Starting to develop a slice
user85262
Reply : Mon 21st Sep 2009 13:20

Rob

I was having the same problem and I now have two things I need to remember to stop me from slicing.  It may help you!

1) I need to make sure that I release the club through the ball so that my right hand is above the left just after the ball.  Otherwise I tended to keep the clubface open.

2) I was swinging my driver too steeply like an iron - I now try to come around my body more (shallower) - try swinging your driver around at waist height and gradually get lower and lower until you feel comfortable to hit the ball.

John

re: Starting to develop a slice
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 21st Sep 2009 13:59

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top