Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Whitefields Golf Course

Posted by: user60926 | Sat 12th Sep 2009 14:32 | Last Reply

Hi guys

Booking a golf break for me and my mates and have found a good deal with this course and the Draycote Hotel.

Has anybody played the course or stayed at the hotel chose it as it is quite close by and some of the party dont want to travel to far afield.

Managed to get 2 rounds of golf on a friday and a saturday, 1 night dinner bed and breakfast for £85.

Also looked at the Farthingstone hotel and golf course has anyone played or stayed there?

Last edit : Sat 12th Sep 2009 15:23
re: Whitefields Golf Course
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 12th Sep 2009 14:46

I hope thats Whitefields Hotel GC in Rugby, Whitefield GC is just outside Manchester. Now that is a great track.

Sorry but not played in or around Rugby.

TheLyth

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 12th Sep 2009 20:29

Dunham Forest and Moor Allerton are also Jewish Clubs, no problems with them. We also play Stand GC when in that area.

TheLyth

user52922
Reply : Sat 12th Sep 2009 20:42

I used to caddie at Potters Bar golf club which was a strictly jewish one and the fabulous halfway hut did the best saugages in a nice crusty roll I have ever had. They must have been pure beef.

user24437
Reply : Sun 13th Sep 2009 09:57

Jason

sorry, not seen this threadbefore it descended into chat mode.  Not played Draycote but heard all the comments from the guys who tried it out for the N v S and they weren't impressed.  It depends how far you want to travel, but found this at Patshull Park near Wolverhampton http://www.patshull-park.co.uk/  .£64.50 for two nights and 3 rounds!  Nice course, small friendly hotel and beautiful grounds, would thoroughly recommend it.  If you want to go South try Hellidon Lakes or even Stavertion Park.  If you want to go a bit further afield have played a few times at Abbotsley near St Neots - part of Crown Golf - access to 2 courses with the main one being the best.

Tim

user41897
Reply : Sun 13th Sep 2009 10:12

Have played Fathingstone ionly once many years ago when I only played sporadically.  From what I can remember and looking again at their website it looks an okay track.  Can't say what it is like from recent playing experience.

What I do remember is their long par 5 hole on the back 9 - 585yds off the yellows, 600+ off the whites.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top