Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Why do I find it so much easier to hit from uphill lie?

Posted by: user85262 | Wed 9th Sep 2009 22:11 | Last Reply

Just come back from doing 9 holes and thought I would just see what any of you think.

Generally, with my driver I slice but something I have noticed is that whenever my ball lands on an uphill lie I reallly strike the ball with confidence and get a good connection.  Why such a difference., especially with my woods (indicates my normal swing is too steep?)

If I try to swing my driver off the tee on a flatter plane it just feels weird. 

What I am trying to get at is that if the ball is above my feet I get a great contact but if I try to have a flatter swing (especially with Driver) it just feels weird because of course the ball on the tee is lower and not on an uphill lie which I find so easy.  As soon as I have i normal lie my swing naturally becomes steeper (too steep i now thiink)

Any tips or ideas?  How can I incorporate the flatter swing into my normal driver off the tee and woods off the fairway.

thanks

John

re: Why do I find it so much easier to hit from uphill lie?
user85262
Reply : Thu 10th Sep 2009 08:49

Just to clarify - when I say uphill lie I mean that at address position when the ball is directly in front of me that it is higher than my feet. (not uphill towards target)

re: Why do I find it so much easier to hit from uphill lie?
user85262
Reply : Thu 10th Sep 2009 12:28

Sorry Wayne - what do you mean exactly?

I believe that I need to try to flatten out my swing with my driver  (& possibly with my woods)

Hitting off an uphill lie, ball above my feet (I find very easy) which naturally flattens out my swing.

What changes do you think I need to make in my posture to flatten out my swing so I'm not too steep with my driver off the tee.  Of course the same swing as I would hit on an uphill lie would have the driver coming down well above the ball.

Thanks for your advice.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top