Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Starter set

Posted by: user34817 | Wed 2nd Sep 2009 21:08 | Last Reply

Hi,

I am looking for a set of golf clubs to get my dad for his 60th.  I think he used to knock a ball around about 30 - 40 years ago but has never played a lot.  Therefore I need the whole package - woods, irons, putter, bag and anything else I can get.  My local driving range has an offer on the RAM FX 100 set for about £175.00 and are also offering a free pair of Stuburt golf shoes worth £35.00.  As dad will be starting from scratch I don't want to go mad on cost but on the other hand want to get him as many of the bits and pieces that he will need.

If anyone has any advice on where I can get a starter set or what make would be best I would appreciate your input.  I have also looked at Wilson and Bay Hill Palmer sets but don't know what these are like.  I can't really find any reviews on the package sets.

re: Starter set
user24437
Reply : Wed 2nd Sep 2009 23:52

I had some Ram Concept 2's for my first set and they were fine, the bag alone was top notch for carrying and on the trolley.  The putter was particularly good and I still use it despite selling the rest of the clubs some time ago.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top