Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Just had first ever round.....

Posted by: user259181 | Thu 27th Aug 2009 17:07 | Last Reply

Just finished a 2x9 hole short 5000yard round - Got a massive 97 (par 66). It's amazing how easy it is to get 9 on a par 4 when there are a line of trees/bushes going across the fairway as an obstacle - and how different it is taking a shot when on a steepish up/down slope.

Driving is defo easy at the range and the best part of this first round was my putting.....although I did massively under-hit a couple of attemps and felt like I was trying to be too gentle

All good though......onwards and upwards

re: Just had first ever round.....
user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 27th Aug 2009 17:48

Well done Lewis! If I can say though - try to get out on 'proper' 18 hole courses when you can. There is no substitute!!

Once you have played a bit, your touch will come and you will be able to start visualising the shot you want to play and then executing it!

Anyways - congrats!!

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 27th Aug 2009 19:19

And its a Car Park for The Great Yorkshire Show. It was Crimple, wasn't it?

Have a run into Leeds. Wike Ridge also has a 12hole Starter Course along with its Range and 18hole Track.

TheLyth

user115085
Reply : Thu 27th Aug 2009 22:51

whichever way you look at it....breaking 100 on your first time out is something to be pretty chuffed about! well done!

user69191
Reply : Sat 29th Aug 2009 20:20

Regardless mate, breaking 100 should be your first milestone whether the course is a par 66, 68, 70 or 72. It took me 18 months to do. Very well done.

Paul

user215495
Reply : Sun 30th Aug 2009 05:30

HI Lewis , nice to hear to got out and got a GAME , as Paul said it doesnt matter what the  course is or how long really , as long as you enjoyed it and breaking 100 is a bonus , the good thing when you get to play regularly is to set yourself " achievable targets ", so now i'm gonna start a new thread on " now long it took people to break 100 " then you'll see an average hopefully , so happy golfing and good luck.

G

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 30th Aug 2009 13:23

Its true Graham, I play with a friend of mine since the  start of this year and he has yet to break 100. He is quite stubborn though and will not listen to advice - if hes happy fair enough....

user52922
Reply : Sun 30th Aug 2009 15:25

David, I did invite Dennis but he has a meeting to attend in Bracknell, so will not be joining us. You will just have to put up with me.

user52922
Reply : Sun 30th Aug 2009 16:59

I have 1 space for the morning 0856 hrs 1st September on the Waterloo and 1 space at 1400 hrs on the Wellington if anyone is interested in joining us. If not then we two threeballs.

Last edit : Sun 30th Aug 2009 17:34
user41897
Reply : Sun 30th Aug 2009 22:07

I'd play both John were I able but unfortunately work gets in the way.

Another time - I'd like to play both courses sometime.

user52922
Reply : Mon 31st Aug 2009 14:21

Both slots are now filled, thanks very much.

Whenever you want to play Andy, just holler.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top