Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How do I get my first handicap???

Posted by: user259181 | Wed 26th Aug 2009 13:46 | Last Reply

I'm just embarking on my golfing path.....As I think I understand it, I need to complete 3 rounds, add the total then divide by 3 to get my starting h/c ?   Now do I have to be with somebody when I complete these rounds to verify my score? Can I complete these first 3 rounds at any local course? or does it have to be in a comp?

I'm guessing the answer is very simple.....but until you know....you don't know!

cheers

Lewis

re: How do I get my first handicap???
user24437
Reply : Wed 26th Aug 2009 16:18

Just throw them into the Golfshake system Lewis as David suggested, good and bad.  Probably be a good idea (well I found it quite useful anyway) to put some basic stats in as well - just add fairways in reg, greens in reg and putts and you can get an idea of your progress and it only takes a second when marking your card. 

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Aug 2009 16:41

Lewis,

Where are you going to play, it need not cost £1K to begin with. Crimple Valley is a good start, then drive to Leeds Golf Centre (Wike Ridge) as you get better, then join one of the locals when you are ready.

TheLyth

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 26th Aug 2009 17:36

Forgot Rudding Park too.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top