Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Thanks guys!

Posted by: user128129 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 17th Aug 2009 23:05 | Last Reply

Thankyou to you GolfShake guys.

After years of struggling with my game, I have finally posted a couple of rounds that I'm actually happy with!

With all the advice you guys have posted and by the examples of Andy K, Dennis W, & John P to name but a few, I have finally grasped the concept of playing to one's ability!! Wahoo! I have played my last three rounds aiming for bogey on each hole, playing my 2nd (and 3rd) shots from the correct fairway, playing away from or around danger, using irons off the tee to keep on the short stuff etc, etc.

The only downside is that because I am swinging much easier (probably because I am staying away from shots which I used to tense up over) I am now hitting all my clubs alot further than I have before and now need to rethink my distances (some of my lay-up shots are now travelling into trouble!)

Although my scores of 86 on a par 64, 100 and 97 on a par 69 are not astounding, to me they are a minor miracle

Just wanted to share this with you.

re: Thanks guys!
user41897
Reply : Mon 17th Aug 2009 23:30

Great to hear this Paul and great to see you posting some good scores.  You'll soon be consistently posting scores in the 90's and with that your confidence will increase and you game will go from strength to strength.

We need to find time to have another game - once I'm back from the States. 

re: Thanks guys!
user99350
Reply : Tue 18th Aug 2009 08:35

Well done Paul, it's always good to hear of someone improving. Now that you've realised what a difference a good strike makes and established the need to rethink yardages you've got to strike while the iron is hot. It's a long and laborious but will pay dividends so get to the practice pitch and start measuring. Another aspect you should consider is club and shoty comparison. I found that using different coloured balls is invaluable for this ie hit 10 white balls with your 9 iron and 10 yellow bals with whatever club and shot type you want to compare against. Once you've got this cracked you can then start moaning like the rest of us that the reported yardages on course planners are 'way out'.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top