Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Holiday Suggestions

Posted by: user122156 | Tue 11th Aug 2009 19:30 | Last Reply

Good Evening evryone

I and some friends are looking to go abroad for a long golf weekend in March and was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions.

We went out to Portugal last year and would happily go back but to different courses, we played Morgado and Salgardos last year.

As price is always an issue when you get a number of people involved the top dollar courses are out of the question (unfortunately for me as I would love to play them).

We are looking for 3 rounds and a 3 night stay, which looking on the interweb (golf breaks.com etc) would be approx £200 but we're not sure what the courses are like.

If anyone has any info that could help I would be greatful. 

re: Holiday Suggestions
user52922
Reply : Tue 11th Aug 2009 19:44

I rather liked Morgado, but Salgados is pretty rough in my opinion. I am sure you will find the rest are all pretty good.

March is the start of the summer season in the Algarve so it should be a little cheaper.

user122156
Reply : Tue 11th Aug 2009 21:09

I liked Morgado to John

Have you played any others that you could recommend?

user99350
Reply : Tue 11th Aug 2009 22:32

Andy, I liked Villamoura. I preferred the Millenium and Lagunas (both courses side by side but definately two different courses) as opposed to the more expensive and less interesting Old course.

user122156
Reply : Fri 14th Aug 2009 18:28

Thanks Patrick I'll have a look on tinternet at that those

user52922
Reply : Fri 14th Aug 2009 18:39

Personally, I like all the courses at Vilamoura as well as Penina, Vale de Lobo and Quinta do Lago. I have also played Palmares which I have always found interesting, especially the opening holes on the beach.

West of Lagos is Parque de Floresta, but a buggy is essential as the distance between some of the greens and tees can be up to half a mile.

East of Faro are some really nice new courses, especially around the Tavira area.

The golfshake boys go every year to the Algarve and usually play Gramacho, Pinto and Silves.

I find the game is to expensive for me now in Spain and Portugal, so I don't usually bother.

user122156
Reply : Mon 17th Aug 2009 21:10

Thanks Wayne I'm off to have a look now

user53048
Reply : Mon 17th Aug 2009 22:04

Hi Andy, i thought the Salgados and Morgado courses were spiffing good fun!, i too am looking to go to Portugal in the March of next year, when are you going , maybe we could meet up for a game or two, my friend Raif would like to come along as he can speak the lingo so to speak, i would like to go to Villamoura but as it is a lot more money than Penina and i have heard that Penina is a very good course.

user41897
Reply : Mon 17th Aug 2009 23:32

I need to start the softly softly catchy monkey strategy to getting a pass out from the missus for Algarve 2011!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top