Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How to attract sponsors

Posted by: user74600 | Fri 31st Jul 2009 21:56 | Last Reply

I have been running a golf society for 4 years now and am looking for ways to boost the prize funds that we offer our members.

Its a little contoversial but we cant accept any gifts or goodies from our employer or the extensive list of contractors for legal reasons BUT we do get the offers!

In this circumstance I end up having to turn down good offers of prizes that would see exchanged publicity on our website etc.

Has anybody got any other ideas of how we can introduce some kind of sponsorship for our events, increase the prize pot beyond the £3 comp fees per member per game and help to add some interest to the events for the members who are getting a little fed up of the same old Direct Golf vouchers that we always have?

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Mark Richmond

re: How to attract sponsors
user41897
Reply : Sat 1st Aug 2009 12:42

This large employer sounds very familiar, espicially when you talk about contracting.  Their head office is not based in Wolverhampton by any chance?

Last edit : Sat 1st Aug 2009 12:42
re: How to attract sponsors
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 1st Aug 2009 13:24

I would approach the company and ask if you could start a "Sports & Social Club" and the company take £X out of the Wage Packets of all S&S members. This money would then help with your Prize Funds.

I would also talk to people in the "Know" because it sounds like The Company awards Contracts, not your Members. If a couple of hundered pounds in prizes could sway a £million Contract?

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top