Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

golf near berwick on tweed

Posted by: user99854 | Tue 28th Jul 2009 21:36 | Last Reply

Hello ,

Anyone know of good courses in the Berwick area (north or south ) I will there between 17th and the 21st Aug and hope too get a game or two in.

Gerry 

re: golf near berwick on tweed
user50657
Reply : Tue 28th Jul 2009 22:24

I've heard very good things about Goswick GC which is just outside Berwick. Traditional and friendly clubhouse, but a fabulous links course. Others in the area are Eyemouth to north (in Scotland) and to the south, there are Bamburgh Castle GC which is overlooked by Bamburgh Castle and which in turn overlooks Holy Island. Further south again about 20 miles you come to Seahouses GC.

Haven't played any of these myself but they have all been recommended to me in the past. Some courses I have played in Northumberland and can personally recommend are Longhirst (both the Dawson and Lakes Courses), Newbiggin By-The-Sea and Blyth. Although these are a good drive from Berwick.

If you want any more info, just drop me a pm. There's a local golf paper comes out each month and if there are any special deals on in August I'll let you know. I know Longhirst will be only a tenner to play and they are beautiful courses. Check out the course reviews on here.

Enjoy your break, just don't expect good weather; it is the north east after all.

Graham

user52922
Reply : Tue 28th Jul 2009 22:55

Gullane would be my choice.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 29th Jul 2009 01:04

Gerard,

Where are you staying?

Magdalene Fields is a Pay & Play North of the Town, Goswick is South, deals at both places if you are staying on the Haven Parks. Also Haggeston Castle has a nice little course too.

And as JP says your not too far from the Links at Gullane.

TheLyth

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top