Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

April's Today's Golfer - a name I recognised

Posted by: user125090 | Tue 21st Jul 2009 12:54 | Last Reply

When flicking through an old Today's Golfer I found our very own Wayne Santorini on page 18, giving his opinion on whether the qualification exemption at the Masters should be restricted for champions.

I would have fallen off my chair if I hadn't been lying on the sofa, but then I realised that I didn't actually know him and even if I did, knowing someone who once had his picture in TG isn't really that much of a claim to fame.

For the record, Wayne was in favour of limiting the exemption to ten years.  I have no particular opinion on the point.  The Masters is my favourite major and so, perhaps, for that reason I wouldn't change the current system, but that's really not a strong opinion.

re: April's Today's Golfer - a name I recognised
user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 21st Jul 2009 13:33

I started to wonder if Tom Watson was competing in the Open Championship to win and get round the new ruling in the Open meaning past champions over 60 couldn't gain exemption.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top