Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

comfort is the key

Posted by: user231824 | Fri 17th Jul 2009 17:46 | Last Reply

Today I played for the first time in a full waterproof suit that I purchased last week. I have never felt comfortable in them before so have steered clear of playing in the rain. However I would never have thought these waterproofs could feel so good, it was just like I was playing in the trousers and polo top I had underneath, they were fantastic and to top it off I shot -1 with my handicap, a personal best on the course I played. I think this goes to show that the more comfortable and good you feel about you clothing the better you play.

re: comfort is the key
user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 18:05

There is a lot to be said for comfort.

user24437
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 18:23

Couldn't agree more Brett.  I used to muddle along with bits of waterproofs and umbrellas and stuff until my wife bought me some proper FootJoy kit and I love it.  Wind proof, easy to move in and quiet and stows away in my bag.

Lot to be said for it. 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 23:29

I could not agree more.

Why handicap (no pun intended!) yourself by wearing stiff waterproofs.

Buy the best set you can get yourself and make sure it's comfortable to wear when swinging.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top