Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Help please rules clarifications?

Posted by: user213395 | Fri 17th Jul 2009 10:53 | Last Reply

Hi Guys,

I need your help, I played with a guy yesterday who hit his ball into the woods/bushes, he found his ball and this was deemed unplayable. He then decided to take a drop but instead of taking one club length away he walked about 20 yards back and about 20 yards sideways to be in line with the flag and away from the bushes in front of him. I always thought you can take a drop but one club length away and then he's have to hit out to the fairway?

Was he right to walk back and sideways to give him self a clearview of the flag?

re: Help please rules clarifications?
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 10:58

Rule is two clubs not nearer the pin, replay from the original position or as far back as you like in line with the flag.  Sounds like he did the last of those so that's fine. 

user77012
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 11:07

As long as the point where the ball became unplayable is directly inline with him and the flag.

The two club rule also allows the ball to roll upto 1 club more  not nearer the hole.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 23:47

He can go as far back as he likes, but must keep the place where his ball was between him and the flag, in a direct line.

You said he move sideways to get the bush out of his way which doesn't sound right to me.

Russ

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top