Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Anthony Kim just shot a NINE on the second.

Posted by: user230069 | Thu 16th Jul 2009 14:14 | Last Reply

Drove into the rough, slapped it into a bunker, took three to get out.

I feel so much better about my game now.

re: Anthony Kim just shot a NINE on the second.
user26342
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 16:06

oohh the bait has been set!

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 19:05

The only difference between us and him is that this is a thing that happens maybe once a year, while with us it can be once a round!!!     

Russ

user52922
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 19:26

I had four blobs at the West mids and they cost me 40 shots, amazing, isn't it, yet I still managed to finish 1 point behind the winner.

user52922
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 20:12

No Paul, that is not the answer as the two competitions, Stableford and strokeplay operate under different rules, We played a Stableford competition and no gross or nett scores could or should have been posted on the forum as they are incorrect.

I might also point out that I play a completely different strategy for each of the two types of competition, Stableford lets one attack more with the inherent possibility of getting into trouble, but it usually only costs you 2 points. Strokeplay on the other hand is everything in the hole, on every hole, and the total score is what one is proecting.

Not forgetting the completely different strategy again for matchplay.

user52922
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 20:23

The 10 shots is all to do with Golfshakes software, but you are still missing my point.

Scores cannot and should not be recorded in a Stableford competition, yet a botched up version has been presented on this site for everyone to see, when the true facts are either not available or are being invented.

One cannot be penalised by 10 shots anywhere in the rules of golf.

user26342
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 21:22

What John is trying to say is that unless you finish the hole you cannot 'guess' the end result, in some cases recording a 10 might be very generous.

It is very hard to enter rounds on here where stableford was played because you could still 'blob' a hole but still end up scoring 38+ points which could result in a cut but in actual fact you've not played to your handicap.

This is what I found when I started to play in monthly medals, it makes you concentrate the mind & makes course management a big part of your game.

I entered my round at Ombersley yesterday because even though it was stableford I still played out every hole.

John.

user77012
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 21:49

You wont get the Master to bite Grass hopper

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 22:01

John, see my reply and links on the other post, the Uk handicap system does allow for this

It is very hard to enter rounds on here where stableford was played because you could still 'blob' a hole but still end up scoring 38+ points which could result in a cut but in actual fact you've not played to your handicap.

user26342
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 22:08

I think we need a way of indicating if stroke or stableford was used to record a round then.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 08:22

Anthony Kim IS a yank

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 10:14

Just watched Jimenz do something similar just catching the ball in the bunker and the ball went 1 yard to the right.  Not that I would ever get out of the darn thing in the first place!!

Hope Jimenz continues on the good form though and this was just a blip.

user25268
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 20:12

just look at Tom Watson go, lets hear it for the old guys!

user41897
Reply : Fri 17th Jul 2009 20:30

Agree nice to see the pro's are human and having a mare.  I wonder how many most of us would take to play the 2nd in strong winds!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top