Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Funny/strange things out on the course

Posted by: user65858 | Thu 16th Jul 2009 00:33 | Last Reply

I was playing 18 at Roundhay Park on Sunday night with a mate and we came to the 17th, a short downhill par 4. After hitting a great drive myself, my mate proceeds to step up and hit a low, skimming shot to the left.. straight into a rabbit!! It made a pretty nasty sound, but the rabbit hopped off into the woods, hopefully to make a full recovery!

Anyone else seen something like the above?

(ps. My drive was just off the back of the green, and I left the 15-20ft uphill putt short by about 2cm, just missing out on my first eagle!)

re: Funny/strange things out on the course
user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 01:05

You have to watch the animals at Roundhay. That Rabbit will tell the squirels, who will then drop out of the trees on 918 and bite your ears.

A guy was in those trees ready to play his second shot when someone hit their Tee-shot on 817 into them, dislodged a squirel which fell onto the guys shoulder and promptly almost bit his ear off. Nasty wound.

TheLyth

user40826
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 08:12

On the subject of killing wildlife.  I was playing the Shropshire a few years back with my father and brother in law and we reached the 2nd hole, a Par 5.  My father law decided he was going to give this one the beans.  He hit a cracking Sally Gunnel staright into the side of a duck about 120 yards away - killing it stone dead!!

He was actually gutted about it - ducking hell!

user77012
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 08:28

Chris, Its not that uncommon to get a birdie on a par 5   How's your lad doing did he qualify for the Open

Last edit : Thu 16th Jul 2009 08:30
user40826
Reply : Sun 19th Jul 2009 21:26

Dave,

I assume you mean my son not our club Pro - he shot an 87 in qualifying!  Jack still loves his putting practice every day in the garage.  He'll get there one day - BUT I'M CARRYING HIS BAG AROUND THE WORLD!

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top