Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Oh For A Bit Of Consistency!!!

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Wed 15th Jul 2009 21:52 | Last Reply

If only I could get a bit of consistency into my game.

I played the two league challenge at Rutland County GC last Saturday and I must have scored in the high 90's (not sure what I scored as it was matchplay, pairs).

Then I played at the Hertfordshire GC on Monday and shot 80, ten over par for the whole course.  I even finished with a triple bogey at the last hole, a par 3!

Tuesday I played my home course (The Priors) which is easier than the Hertfordshire and shot a 97, couldn't score no matter what I did.  My putting was terrible and I seemed to be hitting one good/decent shot per hole.

If only I could get to a situation where I can score around the same each time I play, say within five shots.

Russ

re: Oh For A Bit Of Consistency!!!
user202373
Reply : Wed 15th Jul 2009 22:39

its golf for ya russ its bloody anoying buts thats why we keep goin back ),

user24437
Reply : Wed 15th Jul 2009 23:48

Must be my fault Russ, I drag people down to my level....

user77012
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 08:33

I've just come into a run of consistency ,I lost 8 balls in two rounds 4 in each

Last edit : Thu 16th Jul 2009 08:37
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 08:49

If you were consistent Russ you'd get bored.  It's not knowing what will happen from one game to the next that keeps us coming back. 

user23840
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 09:14

I feel your pain Russel.

Went on a tile industry golf day yesterday, played Aspley Guise & Woburn Sands Golf Club Short par 4 to start get a 5, then the 470 yard par 5 2nd just off the green in 2, up and down for birdie, I can here JP in my ears ''how he masquerades off of 18 I'll never know''. Then I blob the 3rd. Thats how the round went. 3 pars, 2 birdies and 6 blobs. 25 points and 6 blobs. Now thats a lack of consistency.

Lovely venue. Not too far off the M1 

Last edit : Thu 16th Jul 2009 09:17
user26342
Reply : Thu 16th Jul 2009 11:25

Same here Russ,

could only manage 33 points at the West Mids Qualifier (due to shanks) & then play in the YMCA & score 38 points off 3/4 hcap!!

If only.........

user202373
Reply : Sat 18th Jul 2009 20:20

looks like a nice little hole that danny ),

user24437
Reply : Sat 18th Jul 2009 20:57

Same here Russ,

could only manage 33 points at the West Mids Qualifier & then play in the YMCA & score 37 points off 3/4 hcap!!

If only.........

Mind you, shot a 40 pointer the day before at Rutland.. 

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 18th Jul 2009 21:48

Tim, you were on fire at Rutland!

It's a good job you were as I was useless....  

Russ

user81455
Reply : Sat 18th Jul 2009 23:26

Russ

I think you are being a bit unrealistic about consistency.  You have only got to be a bit off your game at our level to be taking an extra shot a hole and that makes 18 shots difference over a round.  Even the pros have quite a wide variation.  Jimenez shot 64 on Thursday and was mid 70's today. 

Try keeping a 10 round rolling average of your scores and if that is varying widely then you are probably inconsitent but you will probably find it oscilates up and down by about 4 shots which shows over the medium term you probably are reasonably consistent.  Quarterly and yearly averages are even better indicators of how you are playing and where your game is going.

user202373
Reply : Sun 19th Jul 2009 18:26

inconsistency ,how about this today i had 2 treble bogies and 3 double bogies with 4 birdies its the most birdies ive ever had in a round ,it goes to show you golf throws up allsorts of suprises ey,has well has doing your head in at the same time ),

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top