Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Municipal Courses in Portugal

Posted by: user244913 | Thu 9th Jul 2009 15:52 | Last Reply

Hello all

I'm reasonably new to the game of golf and to Golfshake and I'm looking for some help.

I'm going on holiday to Portugal in October with my family and my brothers and I were intending on taking our clubs and playing two or three rounds while we're there. I've been researching the courses online and, unfortunately, all I've been able to find are posh coutry club style courses that cost an absolute fortune for a round.

Does anyone know of any municipal courses in the Algarve area that would be less expensive and that possibly wouldn't mind if you didn't have a proper handicap? We're not looking for anything too fancy - just a place where we can go and play a relaxed game of golf without spending more than we can afford. The place we're going is called Quinta dos Lago in the Loule region of the Algarve.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

re: Municipal Courses in Portugal
user52922
Reply : Thu 9th Jul 2009 16:30

I am afraid that the news is bad, Kevin. Quinta de Lago is a very upmarket resort and has two superb courses, as does Vale de Lobo.

The cheapest would be Morgado de Reguenga, just north of Portimao.

Possibly the small course at Penina might be pretty reasonable as well.

The Algarve is not a cheap area these days.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top