Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

How Bob Rotella helped an idiot (lose a golf ball)

Posted by: user75236 | Mon 6th Jul 2009 10:26 | Last Reply

Chipping probably being the area where I drop most shots by not getting near enough to the flag (or sometimes even the green!), I took my 12 new longest-drive Srixons (you know, the ones that should have been Chris Perry’s) to the practice chipping and putting green on Saturday night and did what Dr Bob said. Chipped with wedge, 9, 7 and 5 to different holes, and counted how many times out of 60 I managed to get up and down in one. Result: 41, with three chips going straight in the hole…and one thinned wedge flying low into the ornamental thick heathery stuff that graces the path by the first tee, never to be found again (was too embarrassed to hunt for it, because there was a wedding reception going on at the time and people were looking). Am I the only idiot to have lost a ball on the practice putting green?!

re: How Bob Rotella helped an idiot (lose a golf ball)
user26342
Reply : Mon 6th Jul 2009 11:09

Stuart,

I can't believe you've came out & told us

user77012
Reply : Mon 6th Jul 2009 11:18

In a word..Probably

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 6th Jul 2009 11:21

Actually Stu, I have done similar.

The practice area at the Forest of Arden has a green with varying degrees of rough around it and two bunkers.  I was practicing the longer chips by aiming to get out of the rough, over the green and into the bunker at the far side (I'd then practice my bunker play from wherever they landed).  I thinned one straight over the bunker and into the bushes and was too embarassed to go looking for it. 

Fortunately it was only a range ball. 

user77012
Reply : Mon 6th Jul 2009 12:24

Your doing better than I thought you would Stu,lol. I doubt (edited) Srixon will be ringing you to endorse their products though.

Perry, doesn't suprise me one bit ,you Munter..he..he.

Last edit : Mon 6th Jul 2009 19:56
user93554
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 09:31

I don't blame him for not playing golf club prices...I was there last month and it was 5 euro for a pro v1x....and that was with a 20% "discount"!!  I'd have been better off getting them here and paying excess baggage!

user24437
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 09:48

David, didn't someone also turn up on the first day in the A;garve with their padlock still on the flight case as well? 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top