Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

straight but mabe a little to high

Posted by: user119312 | Fri 3rd Jul 2009 17:46 | Last Reply

i had a round with one of my dads freinds with a low handicap last week he has sorted my driver problem so it is now going straight but i feel it maybe going a little to high because i have a 12 degree driver so i feel that i am losing length

but to be honest i shouldn't be complaning considering how bad my driving was at the start of the year

anyway my quetion is how can i keep it a little lower without buying a new driver?

re: straight but mabe a little to high
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 3rd Jul 2009 18:45

Use a lower tee (I use one of the pink castle tees) and don't tilt your shoulders as much as you normally do.

To be honest, I'd just concentrate and doing what you are doing at the moment and don't worry too much about the height your driver is going.

Once you are happy with your driving then change things to keep the ball a bit lower.

It might be that you should change your driver for one with a lower loft.

Try a few before you decide to do this.

Russ

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 3rd Jul 2009 22:37

I'd say work on your new driver swing.

When you are happy with it then it will be time to either change to a different/new driver or work on your swing to get the lower flight.

With a 12 degree driver you will always struggle to keep it low.

Good luck with your new swing as there is nothing better to get a low score than putting the ball on the fairway from the tee.

Russ

user99350
Reply : Sat 4th Jul 2009 11:52

Alex, I know you have expense as a consideration but if the problem is the loft (and I reckon 12* is a bit excessive for a driver) then sooner ot later you're going to have to get a 10.5*.

However, if you adjust your stance, bringing the ball a couple of inches, or whatever feels comfortable for you, from your left to right then you wont be stricking on the up so much, however you will lose some club head speed but give it a go. It might work for you.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top