Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Think or feel the swing?

Posted by: user242981 | Thu 2nd Jul 2009 09:43 | Last Reply

I've had just about the best run of golf I can remember since i took up this stupid game and now it's over, how many of you sometimes wish you had never started? The good times are far and few between and that's probably the reason we keep coming back and trying so hard right? Because when it's good, not much compares. I now my run is over and I'm almost depressed about it! I've stopped trying to fiddle with my swing after reading some stuff about analysis paralysis, any of you guys know what i'm on about? A friend of mine bought this pdf from ww.stage2golf.com and gave it me, i tried it and did help for aabout 2 months but i can't stop myself from thinking about the shot instead of feeling it, it's got alot about the mental part of golf and how we are destined to continue our bad habbits of using our brains to overthink our swings.

My question is, have any of you guys had any success at turning your brains off while swinging golf clubs and do you have a swing thought you use for it, or a swing feeling eve?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edit : Thu 2nd Jul 2009 23:03
re: Think or feel the swing?
user52922
Reply : Thu 2nd Jul 2009 09:49

SPAM

user52922
Reply : Thu 2nd Jul 2009 10:29

Listen sonny, you have just joined the forum, made your first post,  which included a link to a pdf which was attempting to sell an article. If you had left the link out then your question would have been valid and no doubt wold have created some interest here. As it stands I am quite sure that I will not be alone in calling this SPAM.

If you want my input I will just say that there is a place for both, initially swing thoughts will get one swinging properly but it is not until the swing is felt from within will consistency be gained.

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 2nd Jul 2009 13:09

Henry,

John is not very subtle about putting his thoughts forward.  We have recently had a lot of spam on this site and users are very suspicious.  I'm sure you can appreciate that your first post saying "I'm having trouble and need help" and including a link to an external site which is selling a product you say has helped would raise concerns. 

If you edit your post and remove the link then no-one will think it is spam and you will get constructive advice and help. 

user99350
Reply : Thu 2nd Jul 2009 19:12

I tried eating Spam but there was no discernable difference.

Seriously, in my view, feel is something you can afford to think about when you've got a reasonable, consistent  swing. In order to get that swing you've got to go through the thinking process which I think we all do, and once we've 'mastered' what we're trying to achieve, we move onto the next defficiency we need to attend to. Anyone who is completely happy with their game cannot have the true passion for it or has lost motivation or interest and I hope it doesn't happen to me.

It's a bit like painting the Forth bridge as no one can ever stop learning about this game.

user99350
Reply : Fri 3rd Jul 2009 09:26

Absolutely Paul though I get enough from the game as it is. Improving would be a welcome by product.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top