Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Site access prob ?

Posted by: user8 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Mon 29th Jan 2007 20:53 | Last Reply

Is anyone having problems accessing the site ?

Now obviously if you are you can't login to reply to this message   so if you are having problems then please drop me an email @ [email protected]

I've not had any problems nor been able to replicate any issues but I have had 2 users contact me, so would be grateful for any feedback so  I can try and resolve.

Regards,

Darren.

re: Site access prob ?
user24437
Reply : Mon 29th Jan 2007 23:34

Darren I've had problems in the last couple of days, it either takes ages to load (30 45 secs) or comes up with a 'cannot find server' message. It's just on this site as my connection is zipping along at 6.5Mbps (I did a speed test last night when it was really slow). Seems OK at the moment.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jan 2007 07:17

Tim, who's your broadband provider ?

The user who is having problems just gets a 'cannot find server' message or 'connection refused'  so based on my original post they would not even get to the forum.     It's possible it may be a provider issue with proxy servers.

I've also noticed some issues with slow performance and this week I will be moving servers.

Regards,

Darren.

user24437
Reply : Tue 30th Jan 2007 08:40

Darren I'm with Zen. Yesterday when I tried to go to the forums it stated that the page took 16.015544 secs to load, this is compared to the usual 0.1/0.3 secs. I had e-bay running on another IE6 session and that was running at the normal speed which I guess would point to your server, although I may be wrong.

user8 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jan 2007 09:37

Slow performance is a negative effect of shared hosting, if one site is busy it will effect all other sites on the same server.

I'm in the process of upgrading servers and this will sort the sporadic performance issues, not sure about the errors message though.  This requires more investigation.

Thanks.

user9368
Reply : Tue 30th Jan 2007 13:24

Had trouble signing in last night, took 4 attempts. Checked all the usual ie caps lock etc but it was all correct eventually password was accepted and it was then ok. Have definately noticed slower performance recently but i assumed that was due to all the eager anticipation of the NvS comp and the subsequent increase in members.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top