Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Nike Golf equipment going backwards????

Posted by: user77012 | Tue 30th Jun 2009 08:56 | Last Reply

I quess you all now know the new Nike driver is available by that really annoying advert on our forum page. My problem is they claim to give you 8 different shaped shots by altering the setup with a spanner. I believe we are being short changed only 8 shaped shots, the thing is one of our MOD's who shall remain nameless (Chris Perry) has been using the old model for some time now and I have witnesssd as many others have that he has loads more shaped shots with his driver than 8.

He has all the shots the new driver has plus there's the duck hook,the topper,the slice ,the popper,the short one and his famous mole shagger! all of which are done without a spanner or molegrips in sight.

So come on Nikey get your act together....................................

re: Nike Golf equipment going backwards????
user115085
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 09:05

Mole Shagger.....brilliant!

user24437
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 09:07

I think you're missing the point Dave. With the new driver Chris will be able to get over 64 different shot shapes - like the mole shagger with a draw, one with a fade one straight etc:

And besides, my driver has used that technology since I got it - during each round the head creeps further and further down and around the shaft automatically compensating for for shots that may accidentally go straight by inducing a massive slice...

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 09:44

Not using a Nike any more so there.  New shot shapes are currently under development.......

Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 09:53

Oh, and there was a spanner in sight.  He was holding the grip

user77012
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 10:14

I stand corrected Chris (spanner), Nice one bud just wanted to pump some humour back in to the forum .

Tim, I was always a head of the game...................... good as new now??

Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 10:50

Not a problem my sheep bothering mate.  We'll have to get together for a game again.  Shame I can't make South Winchester, Marshall has moved it to the only bloody week I can't make.  Typical.

Intersting results from shafts on the custom fit.  I'll put an update on later this week when I've had a chance to write it up.  As I put on another thread, the new stick has a reminder rib on the grip and it's in a slightly different position to the one on my irons so there's some tweaking going on to get the right position for the ball flight I'm after.  Got a game with John on Weds so it'll be interesting to see if he can see the difference. 

Last edit : Tue 30th Jun 2009 10:51
user77012
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 15:24

Perhaps as non qualifing players we will be paired and JP at west mids, well when  say non qualifiers I didnt mean me. Beware of the shotgun.lol.

looking forward to your update.

user24437
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 17:22

I'm not up for qualification either, shall we see if Paul will put us out as the first 4 ball so I can get some pics at the 18th and keep a score of the ball loss sweepstake?

user77012
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 17:29

Good Idea Tim  .....I had a sweepsteak the other night I went to a barbeque over Sooty's house.

user52922
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 17:31

You crack me up Ley, hahaha

user26342
Reply : Tue 30th Jun 2009 20:09

Paul,

is that wise sending Chris out first? I was hoping to be finished by 6pm

Reply : Wed 1st Jul 2009 08:33

Shut it Flood or I'll be finding a problem with your card which will result in an unfortunate disqualification

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top