Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Drills for staying connected, towel drill etc

Posted by: user85262 | Thu 25th Jun 2009 14:10 | Last Reply

Ive read up on a few drills to try out for staying connected in the golf swing.  Towel / glove under the arm pit. I think my arms are out racing my body on the downswing.

Has anyone tried any drills like this and do you know is the drill just for a half backswing to get the right feel  (I cant complete backswing with a towel under both arms)

Is the towel or glove supposed to be under both arms?

Or is it better to do this drill with the glove under the left arm only?  The drills ive read up on seem to contradict one another.

thanks

John

re: Drills for staying connected, towel drill etc
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 25th Jun 2009 16:59

The way I imagine the arms in the golf swing is that your upper arms are superglued to your chest.

Then when you swing they stay there.

Put the towel across your chest and under both arms, then do a full swing and see if you can keep the towel there.

Russ

re: Drills for staying connected, towel drill etc
user85262
Reply : Thu 25th Jun 2009 22:01

Thanks Russell

Ive been to the driving range tonight and started off with the towel under left arm hitting my PW . Was hitting the ball really well even though it felt awkward.

Then bought a 'power band' in the shop (only £8) and that felt really weird (as if the club was getting nowwhere near high enough on backswing, but i was really hiiting my rescue club well - even with a bit of a draw which i never do.  Tried a few balls at the end with driver but they were bad.

Only hit approx. 35 / 40  balls so i'll persevere over the next few days and see how it goes.

thanks again

John

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top