Tee Times | Search | Reviews

News:

Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Most annoying things that can happen to you in golf.

Posted by: user234392 | Wed 17th Jun 2009 22:50 | Last Reply

I was on the putting green practicing and thinking to myself what the most annoying thing in golf would be and that'd probably make a man lose his sanity.

1. hitting a shot out of bounds and hit the provisional shot, this time shooting a hole in one,

2. hitting a shot and getting a hole in one in either the wrong hole or on a practice green.

post what things you would do that would either drive you crazy or possibly drive you to quit the game 

re: Most annoying things that can happen to you in golf.
user198914
Reply : Wed 17th Jun 2009 22:51

hitting a great tee shot and a squirrel stealing the ball!!!

user26342
Reply : Thu 18th Jun 2009 09:55

Shooting under par in a monthly medal & then forgetting to sign your card thus being disqualified!!

Hasn't happened to me but I know a man who did!!

user127691
Reply : Thu 18th Jun 2009 10:02

Playing in your mates invitational getting 2 2's and a top 3 finish to only realise you had forgotten to put your handicapps down on the card.

Again not me but someone I know what a gutter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 18th Jun 2009 11:47

Going out as a single on a lovely warm evening and, after only 3 holes, getting stuck behind three 4 balls of work colleagues.  These groups are playing ridiculously slow and putting from two inches, despite playing matchplay.  Then, after taking four hours to get from the 3rd to the 14th, they walk off leaving you just 20 minutes of daylight to try to play the last 4 holes. 

Donnington Grove, Tuesday 9th June 2009.   

Reply : Mon 22nd Jun 2009 10:25

Leaving your putt on the 18th green one inch short then finding out it has cost you a place in the Golfshake Open Final. 

Chris Perry, Donnington Grove, Friday 19 June 2009

Reply : Mon 22nd Jun 2009 11:53

Guilty.  I took a six on two par 3's.  One was due to a tee shot leving me absolutely no shot and dropping would not have improved things (Paul will attest) and the other one was just a very poorly played hole by me.  I bogied the other two.  And I agree that par 3's are definitely my weakness. 

I only needed a couple of gross bogies on the last two holes for 36 points and with hindsight I should've laid up for the long (186 yard) par 3 and chipped on instead of going for the green.  I was still beating myself up on the 18th tee and pulled the tee shot. 

user26342
Reply : Mon 22nd Jun 2009 14:18

Stu,

you were putting from 1feet?? I heard Paul was giving them to Chris!!

ONLY JESTING

user52922
Reply : Sun 5th Jul 2009 11:47

So you are a scratch golfer then Ian.

user41897
Reply : Sun 5th Jul 2009 12:06

Qualifying to play in the Golfshake Open in the high hancipad category when playing off 28 then playing some blinding rounds and seeing the handicap drop 4 shots.  I just need to play 40 duff rounds between now and september then play the round of my life. Too honest - that's my problem.

user99350
Reply : Mon 6th Jul 2009 16:53

Ian, you've obviously got a apassion for the game and are probably one of those buggers that pick the clubs up and do  a 40 pointer, luaghing it off etc. If I were you, give it a year wuith a decent committment to practice and I 'd like to see you then.

user93554
Reply : Tue 7th Jul 2009 17:33

Having a terrible round in the Monthly medal, being so angry that you head out after a couple of beers for a few holes practice.  Get to the par 5 5th, good drive then a 4 iron into the hole for an albatross with no one around to witness it.

Gutted.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top