Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What A Weird Day / Driver

Posted by: user16742 | Tue 16th Jun 2009 19:42 | Last Reply

Played in a comp today, was shocking no feel around the green at all.
Last part of game on sunday and on the 1st today took driver and hit a 40 yard squirter low and bit left. so convinced myself that there was a crack in it somewhere. so for the rest of the round i took a 4 iron from the tee.  dont have a 3 iron and was a bit dubious on using woods. and for most of the round i outdrove and was more accurate than my playing partners who took driver.
Let the pro hit my driver when i got in back in and he hit it fine. so he taped me up some new ones to try on the range, and all of them i was hitting off the lower edge almost like half the ball below the bottom of the club.

I use a grey or pink castle tee so the ball is high and is sitting about half way above the driver at address so somehow between address and hitting my club is coming to far up. any ideas?? 

Last edit : Wed 17th Jun 2009 10:59
re: What A Weird Day / Driver
user77012
Reply : Tue 16th Jun 2009 20:10

Matt ,did you check the tape for ball marks to see exactly where on the club face you were making contact with the ball??

re: What A Weird Day / Driver
user33026 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Wed 17th Jun 2009 08:08

You're getting flat in the swing Matt.  I know that because it's a fault I get occaisionally with the same results.  Many causes, but mine is usually caused by me starting to stand further upright during the swing. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top