Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

dont drink & drive

Posted by: user233003 | Sun 7th Jun 2009 21:04 | Last Reply

Played in my 1st captains prize at Bigbury today. I was -6 on my handicap after 9 holes. When we got to the 11th green we realised there was a complimentary drink with the captain. God only knows why but I thought it would be refreshing to hava a pint of iced magners, having not eaten all day it turned out to be a bad move....I still ended up -1, but if there was ever a 'oh what could have been' round for me it was today, gutted now but will try to be positive for the club championship in 2 weeks time....If your ever in the position i was today, do as I shall do next year, stick to a J20 or a coke :/

re: dont drink & drive
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 7th Jun 2009 23:17

Our Club Captain supplied us with a bottle of beer whilst playing in an inter-club competition, never again.

I couldn't stop visiting the bushes and my game certainly went downhill from that moment.

Russ

user199058 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Mon 8th Jun 2009 08:26

You bloody lot are light weights.

I play better under the influence - at least I think I do and thats all that matters!

user38216
Reply : Mon 8th Jun 2009 16:24

A good friend of mine, who will remain nameless had a couple of pints with lunch between to rounds of 18 holes at Cleobury Mortimer. The change (for the worse) was staggering!!! Shanking and topping the ball and a complete blow up after 3 or 4 holes. 

I find the same thing the night before a game, too much falling down water and my game really suffers.

user127343
Reply : Sun 28th Jun 2009 21:44

Dean Martin once said   "Dont drink and drive - dont even putt"

user202373
Reply : Sun 28th Jun 2009 22:38

mike get rid of that shirt m8,and dont turn up at beacon with it on under ya shirt ),

user235379
Reply : Mon 29th Jun 2009 19:22

there was a time when mike could have played wearing "that" shirt on the beacon, it's good that things have changed,lol

Last edit : Mon 29th Jun 2009 19:23

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top