Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

My Swing - Slow Motion

Posted by: user25349 | Thu 4th Jun 2009 21:24 | Last Reply

All,

Below is a link to my swing with a driver.  Upon seeing this, it made me realise my swing looks nothing like I imagined it to! At the top of the back swing, I realise the club head is no where near parallel to my target, I come way to far over.  Also, at impact and follow through, it appears as though I'm 'digging' for the ball.  Please give me your honest opinions and views, and even any suggestions you feel would be helpful, but go easy, I've never exposed myself like this before!!

My Swing - Driver: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D4bAOSzcjA

I don't feel under strain during my swing and don't feel achey after a round.

Cheers guys.

Lee

Last edit : Thu 4th Jun 2009 21:27
re: My Swing - Slow Motion
user25349
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 21:49

I think the camera angle makes the ball look central, but I do actually play it forward in my stance, thanks though.  Also, I see what you mean about my weight.. Do you think if I tipped my foot up onto my toes this could stop me leaning back on to it?

user25349
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 21:58

A slice can creep in now and then, hooks are very rare and my drives tend to be of average height I'd say.. You mentioning the reverse pivot, I thought I had sorted that out, it was something someone picked up on when I first started playing the game.

Its cool, I asked for opinions, and I'm getting them!

I tend to think my driving is ok, but if the things pointed out help my swing then I'm all for it!!

user52922
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 22:08

Leer, if you really want to have a correct swing, then arrange to come down to Sherfield and have a knock with me, I have watched you play at Wokefield, not a lot to change.

user25349
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 22:18

Cheers John, I'll hold you to that!

Hope you're keeping well? I see you've shot some good scores recently..

Last edit : Thu 4th Jun 2009 22:18
user52922
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 22:25

I get lucky sometimes, Lee, that's all. Golf for me now is about getting out of the house and enjoying the sunshine.

Pop down whenever you feel like and I am sure you will not be disappointed.

user25349
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 22:37

I will do John, we'll arrange something soon..

Thanks.

user99350
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 22:48

Lee, I always thought that at the tp of the swing the club should be facing the target not the marker tee. Your swing looks good until you start the hammer throwing action, which I assume you do to achieve a longer backswing. I reckon you should try starting your release at this point but then again if you're off 14 it can't be all that bad. I think you should certainly consider giving it a go and you might be surprised.

PS if it doesn't work, do tell me I'm talking b*llocks.

user25349
Reply : Fri 5th Jun 2009 08:34

Patrick, What I tend to find is if I don't do the 'hammer throw' action, I leave the club face open and slice the ball.  But looking back, is this because my weight transfer isn't correct?

As said before, when swinging the club I feel fine, but looking at it on video points a few things out that I don't like the look of!

Also, when do you think I should start my release? And what do you mean?

Last edit : Fri 5th Jun 2009 08:34
user99350
Reply : Fri 5th Jun 2009 09:05

Not having the longest of backswings myself I have a bias towards a shorter swing on the basis that less movement = less chance of a mess up. The release is the start of the downswing which I think you should start before the olympic event.

Having said that you know that this Furyk like shimmy helps you to hit it straight and who am I to judge that, as the body has a wonderful way of making the best of what we have. If I saw your swing and had to put a handicap I'd say you'd be 28 on a good day due to the overswing, the plane being so far inside the line, you don't have a reverse pivot...you look like your weight is constantly on your right foot (your left counterbalancing) but then again you're off 14.

All I'm suggesting is trying a shorter swing and going for the strike. It takes a lot of patience and practice to change your swing and a lot will revert back to what they are comfortable with.

Last edit : Fri 5th Jun 2009 09:10
user83900
Reply : Fri 5th Jun 2009 14:11

Lee - you want to do a slow mo video of you driving a golf buggy, then you'd see what bad driving is all about!! 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top