Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

2 Swing Videos - Driver & 7 Iron

Posted by: user15152 | Thu 4th Jun 2009 17:21 | Last Reply

I've just got round to uploading a couple of swings I recorded last week to youtube.

Hadn't seen my swing on video for several months and also had the new camera to test out.

Here is the Driver Swing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlExZk5pwgc

Here is the 7 Iron Swing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnIj4D0JuEc

Hopefully when I get my Explanar in a couple of weeks I can begin to make some changes for the better.

re: 2 Swing Videos - Driver & 7 Iron
user99350
Reply : Thu 4th Jun 2009 23:11

Great swing Chris, especially the drive. You seem however to pck the club up on the iron shot. Which is your most consistent strike and flight? the driver? (even tho a more difficult to use)

user52922
Reply : Wed 9th Sep 2009 17:52

Jim Furyk and Tiger both prove that the backswing can take all diferent kinds of route to the top of the swing, but once there it has to be correct, as any  attempt to get into the position to hit the ball should not be made on the way down. The downswing is the end product of a perfectly set backswing.

user50843
Reply : Wed 9th Sep 2009 20:34

Looks a pretty sound swing to me Chris, sure it's not perfect but I would swap you any day. Id say looks like a single figure handicap swing.

user52922
Reply : Fri 11th Sep 2009 17:03

That looks like a great machine to get the feel of the correct plane.

Not attempting to be critical for one moment Chris, but it looks to me as though you are slightly falling back on the swing. Whether this is due to the weight of the rollers, only you will know.

user52922
Reply : Sat 12th Sep 2009 19:04

Chris, if this swing of yours is producing an excellent ball flight then there is no reason to change it. I like your nice smooth action, only wish I could do that myself these days.

If the results are irregular then only minor tweaks are needed.

user99350
Reply : Sun 13th Sep 2009 08:46

Chris, although it's a great training aid, such a wrist flick (and even if it is due to the weight of the club) would scare the hell out of me. All effort with the swing don't mean diddly if you're not hitting the ball squarely. Looking back to your swing in June I thought  what's wrong with that? I'm beginning to think you're thinking too much about it. Can I suggest you don't practice for a couple of weeks and go out and enjoy a couple of rounds without thinking about your swing as you have a natural swing and could be systematically decontructing it.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top