Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

handicap

Posted by: user119312 | Fri 29th May 2009 21:53 | Last Reply

i am about to hand my first set of 3 cards in tmorrow

i've shot 129

and 149

there not the best rounds i've had but most of my best round i have are when i'm on my own (no i dont cheat)

but i was wondering if anyone can tell me where abouts my handicap will be

re: handicap
user52922
Reply : Fri 29th May 2009 22:00

I wouldn't hand any of those in Alex. You are obviously not ready yet to pit your game against anyone else on a fair basis.

user25349
Reply : Sat 30th May 2009 10:16

I reckon you'll be given a 28 handicap somehow!

user52922
Reply : Sat 30th May 2009 10:17

Your target must be to get as low as possible, Alex, but at the moment you are nowhere near even the highest handficap of 28, so it does seem rather silly to be worrying about a handicap.

user34817
Reply : Sat 30th May 2009 10:31

My handicap was calculated at 28 but since shooting four rounds in the 90's this year I have managed to lower it a little.  Unfortunately as I don't shoot every round in the 90's the handicap is starting to go back to the 28.

I wouldn't worry too much until you are shooting in the very low 100's i.e 100-105 and then when you do get in to the 90's you might have your handicap drop.

Based on your scores above you have averaged 136 meaning you have got to drop at least 30 shots before getting close to anything under 28.

Keep practicing and the scores will come down.

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sat 30th May 2009 22:14

Alex, if you want put your cards in and let the software give you a handicap.

Then just go out and play some golf and enjoy it, then your scores will get better and one day you'll see your handicap come down.

Russ

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 31st May 2009 12:32

Alex,

Two questions first. 1. How old are you?  2. Are you a member at Laceby Manor?

The reason I ask is that everyone has to start somewhere and putting your Cards in now gets you that start, you will have a Hcp so can enter Comps. Also most clubs have junior Hcp's up to 50+. With these you can gain experience and keep a close eye on your progress.

The Lyth.

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top