Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

Waterproofs

Posted by: user79613 | Fri 29th May 2009 13:09 | Last Reply

All,

Does anyone have waterproofs that are not polyester lined ? I seem to be allergic to polyester; I have a Sunderland jacket and a Cutter & Buck short sleeve waterproof top. I over the last couple of years I have been getting a rash round my neck and inside my fore arms. At first I though it was eczema but after various washing powder, shower gel changes I have managed to narrow it down to my waterproof tops, more specifically anything made from or lined with polyester. This is actually a bit of a nightmare as most of the modern day golf tops (Nike Adidas) are made from this, but I need a set of waterproofs and can’t seem to find anything cotton lined. Anyone know of anything ?

re: Waterproofs
user52922
Reply : Fri 29th May 2009 13:13

I cannot help with your problem, Stevie, as I have never owned a set of waterproofs in my life.

I do know that they are very expensive.

On reflection, for you to suffer with skin problems, I can only assume that you are wearing this garment next to the skin, perhaps a long sleeved cotton shirt underneath would prevent this problem.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Fri 29th May 2009 13:23

Valid point John.

Steve,

Does this Rash come up everytime you wear the Waterproofs or just when it rains. To effect your forearm with a sleeveless jacket can only mean that you have a reaction to the Chemicals impregnated into the Waterproofs and this will only happen when they get wet.

user198914
Reply : Sat 30th May 2009 00:26

stevie

have a look at nikwax, they do a product called cotton proof, have have used this and the polar proof, both are very good, most millets blacks and trespass stock this. will make tshirts waterproof in minutes

paul

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top