Posted by: user119312 | Wed 27th May 2009 11:45 | Last Reply

i just bought some orange 3 prong(zero resistance) tees fairly cheap

i got them because of the colour

but i was wondering if anybody else use's them

and weather anybody thinks they actully work

re: zero resistance tees
user50354
Reply : Wed 27th May 2009 12:11

Tee's are all a bit of a gimmick to me . If all these low tolerance or brush or offset or lift or castle or whatever else kind of tee worked then why don't the pro's use them...

On saying that I use the grey castle for my driver and the blue castle for my 3 wood, the orange castle for my recovery and any found broken tee for my irons. No, I don't go looking for broken tees but if I am to tee off with an iron I will look around the tee box for a left over broken tee which I use - but only the once..

Last edit : Wed 27th May 2009 12:45
user25349
Reply : Wed 27th May 2009 13:03

I use the 'zero resistant' tees, but purely cos I got them cheap and I haven't lost or broke one yet.  My opinion is, if your golf ball is touching the tee, there is always an element of resistance.  For you not have resistance on the golf ball, it would need to be hovering above the ground!

Last edit : Wed 27th May 2009 13:03
user24437
Reply : Wed 27th May 2009 13:33

Complete and utter marketing tripe.  The contact between the ball and a conventional tee is a circular ring, interrupted only in the areas where the dimples go.  A 'zero friction' tee will only give less resistance if none of the prongs sit in a dimple, otherwise they will have a higher resistance.  Obviously the actually forces involved are miniscule, reducing the resistance by 25% will not significantly increase spin, distance or anything else.

I use them because they are free, but were useless at Conwy when the wind was blowing... 

user131525
Reply : Wed 27th May 2009 13:54

Like me Tim.  I was useless at Conwy when the wind was blowing.

user50354
Reply : Thu 28th May 2009 08:24

£5 for two down our way....

The yellow one doubles up as a nifty shaving brush if your running late though....

user26537
Reply : Thu 28th May 2009 09:41

My son loves the zero resistance tees, he uses them when building models, he thinks they make excellent missiles. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top