Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

custom fit options

Posted by: user16742 | Tue 26th May 2009 08:29 | Last Reply

As I see it i have 3 choices.

1 get custom fitted with my pro who can do all the static and dynamic stuff except he doesnt have a trackman launcher thing but we can go on the range and see ball flight. He dont have a ping cart or anything like that but has a wide selection of clubs. Also as im having lessons with him he knows my swing, what were working on and where im going to be in 6 months or so ( he says he can get me down to 16-18) this season. He has a wide selection of makes and could possibly do a deal for me.

2 go to a manufacturer place or a place with a propper fitting bag, maybe they have a launce monitor but the person wont know my swing and only fit me for now. and may be dearer.

3 Go to a golfsmith (thinking of snake eyes) and get sorted my mate has done this and got a set tailored to him, long iron cavity backs to short itons that are blades.  Again though id be only getting fitted for now and not for the future.

re: custom fit options
user52922
Reply : Tue 26th May 2009 08:50

Personally, Matt, I woudl stay with whaht you have at the moment until you know your own swing well enough to understand te feel of where each part of the swing is. New clubs, though nice and shiny can instill a bit more confidence but bottom line is they alone will not improve your game, only practice on the right lines will do that.

It is strange that with all this so called added technology and electronic gadgets to monitor lauunch angles and the such, that the average player is of a lower standard than when clubs were just bought off the shelf in a pro shop and were all blades.

user202037 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Tue 26th May 2009 12:26

I am an old Dinosaur when it comes to "Custom Fitting".

Anyone over 18 Hcp has not yet got a consistantly good enough swing to warrent a Full Custom Fit. A basic Fit for Irons can be done using a Tape Measure and a Coin by any Pro. This will give you the correct Length and Lie for you. If the Pro knows your swing he can easily suggest the right shaft option too.

As John says if you spent money on a full Custon fit now while you are aiming to lower your Hcp then what is to say that you will not need to go through it all again in 6 months time.

Get the correct Flex, Length and Lie now of your choice and forget a "Full Custon Fit" until you reach the next level (under 18 Hcp).

user23840
Reply : Wed 27th May 2009 23:55

Does custom fitting give you more than the correct flex, length, and lie?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top