Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

What Would Happen If.....

Posted by: user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR] | Thu 14th May 2009 10:26 | Last Reply

In relation to my other topic entitled 'Organising Club Games!', where I asked if other people have problems organising their individual golf club games.

Well I have a few more questions about these games.

1)  If we don't play our game by the specified cut-off date are we both disqualified?

2)  I try to contact the other person but get no reply, the game doesn't take place.  So again, are we both disqualified?

3)  I contact the other person but we don't play the game, are we both disqualified?

4)  I contact the other person but they don't turn up on the day, do I go through?

And one final question, on the draw sheet for my singles game somebody has written 'WP' and put an arrow pointing to my name, what does this mean?

I've noticed this 'WP' on a few other names on the same draw sheet but I've no idea what it means, can you help?

We have to play our games by the end of this month and I haven't tried to contact anybody yet, but nobody has tried to contact me either!

Russ

re: What Would Happen If.....
user52922
Reply : Thu 14th May 2009 10:46

In most proper clubs the irst named player has to contact the second named player, it is his responsibility and failure to do this results in awarding the metch to his opponent. WP could mean Waiting Payment, but that is only a guess.

user69191
Reply : Thu 14th May 2009 12:36

weather permitting or withdrawn player?

user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Thu 14th May 2009 15:06

Thanks for the answers.

I'm at the club on Saturday playing in a competition so I'll be able to see what is going on.

John, that sounds sensible to me, the first named player having to contact the other player, but I'm not sure if it's how it works at my club!

The 'WP' still has me guessing.

Russ

user131525
Reply : Thu 14th May 2009 21:02

Weally Poor?

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top