Gear | Tour | Industry Insider

Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

courses

Posted by: user215570 | Sun 10th May 2009 08:18 | Last Reply

hi there i am going to colchester on holiday next week can anybody recommend  courses within an hour of colchester i dont have a handicap so it will prohably b py and play courses i have heard the warren is good

re: courses
user20126 [FORUM MODERATOR]
Reply : Sun 10th May 2009 08:44

Colchester on holiday, what have you done wrong?  

There are a couple of people I know who are members here and live in Colchester, so they should be able to point you in the right direction.

My own course is just on the boundary of being an hour away from Colchester, but if I'm available you are free to join me.  I'd come to you but I'm unemployed at the moment.

Russ

user41897
Reply : Sun 10th May 2009 09:21

A few nice courses nearby Stephen

These are all within 15 miles of Colchester. 

Clubname/CoursenameLocationPostal CodeDistanceDistance (KM)Rating   Lexden Wood Golf ClubEssexCO3 4AU1.57 miles2.52 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersStoke by Nayland Golf ClubEssexCO6 4PZ7.61 miles12.25 km Add to FavouritesLocal UsersFive Lakes Golf ClubEssexCM9 8HX8.23 miles13.24 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersBrett Vale Golf ClubSuffolkIP7 5LR8.74 miles14.07 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersColne Golf ClubLancashireBB8 7EB9.34 miles15.03 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersBraxted Park Golf ClubEssexCM8 3EN10.75 miles17.29 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersNewton Green Golf ClubSuffolkC10 0QN10.89 miles17.52 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersForrester Park Golf ClubEssexCM9 8EA11.54 miles18.58 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersMillers Barn Golf ParkEssexCO15 2PH11.82 miles19.03 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersRivenhall Oaks Golf CentreEssexCM8 2PS12.12 miles19.50 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersClacton on Sea Golf ClubEssexCO15 1AJ12.46 miles20.06 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersBraintree Golf ClubEssexCM7 8DA12.66 miles20.37 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersHintlesham Golf ClubSuffolkIP8 3NS12.71 miles20.45 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersGosfield Lake Golf ClubEssexCO9 1SE14.06 miles22.64 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersLords Golf and Country Club (Notley)EssexCM8 1RG14.22 miles22.88 kmAdd New RoundAdd to FavouritesLocal UsersMaldon Golf ClubEssexCM9 6LL14.47 miles23.28 km Add to FavouritesLocal Users

Have to say not played any.  5 Lakes is one I know of and is okay I hear.

South Essex (Brentwood/Basildon) is within an hour's drive and loads of courses around here.

Depending on timing, I may be able to join you... 

user24437
Reply : Sun 10th May 2009 09:42

Stephen

Lexden is a pay and play so you shouldn't have any problems getting on, last I heard it had had a lot of work done to it and was improving rapidly.  Fairly easy to get to from Mersea too.  Closest course if you're on the island has to be 5 lakes, two courses, bit flat but in pretty good nick.

Stoke by Nayland (2 courses), Gosfield and Colchester GC (not listed above) are nice courses but traditional old clubs which you may struggle top get on although Stoke has changed a bit since I was last there.

My brother used to rave about Braintree but I've never played there. 

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top