Tuition:

Video Library | Tuition Sections

Community:

Join | Log In | Help | Useful Links

New Forum System - click here to visit our new & improved forum system >>>

low score

Posted by: user9368 | Thu 11th Jan 2007 21:55 | Last Reply

Darren

The low scores displayed on the summary stats are not correct. I hit and 83 twice this month but my low score shows as a 92.

Not that i want to shout about it or anything.

Did i mention that i hit an 83 twice

Cheers Col

Displaying 1 to 15 of 15 records.

Golfer Nickname Location Country Handicap Rnds Plyd Low Sc Last Rnd        

Colin Astbury

Essex United Kingdom 22.7 20 92 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile

Neil Astbury **

Essex United Kingdom 28 13 94 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Darren Balman **

Essex United Kingdom 20.5 5 91 01/10/2006 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Dave Cook **

Essex United Kingdom 28 8 107 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Steve Cooper**

Essex United Kingdom 28 8 109 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Dave Crossley **

Essex United Kingdom 27.4 4 94 05/11/2006 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Darren Emmerson**

Essex United Kingdom 36 1 142 05/03/2006 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Paul Jones **

Essex United Kingdom 28 18 100 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Stuart Laughland **

Essex United Kingdom 26.7 3 97 09/07/2006 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Richard Lock **

Essex United Kingdom 28 6 107 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Simon Lock **

Essex United Kingdom 22.9 7 90 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Steve Long **

Essex United Kingdom

1 96 12/06/2005 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Colin Marshall **

Essex United Kingdom

07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Simon Overland **

Essex United Kingdom 15.8 16 79 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

Rick Shord **

Essex United Kingdom 19.4 12 87 07/01/2007 Send User PM Add to Buddies View User Profile Delete from group

re: low score
user9368
Reply : Wed 24th Jan 2007 21:41

Its included in my handicap. didnt come down as much as i thought it would admittedly (which is nice). bear in mind it was only a par 64 however my mate who plays off 15 shot 104 so of course im chuffed anyway. the sun was shining on me that day and again the following week.

user9368
Reply : Thu 25th Jan 2007 17:13

Youve caught me out. We only include comp rounds for handicap tracking so 1 round has not  been included. By the same token i have not included the rounds whereby i went round in 130. There are a lot more of those!!

user23840
Reply : Thu 25th Jan 2007 18:29

I've been trying to play bad to bring my handicap up for the 17th, but its just not working.

user9368
Reply : Thu 25th Jan 2007 20:34

C'mon guys your making me feel bad. I have 20 scores registered agaisnt my handicap which admittedley is not as much as some (Richard you play too much golf) but more than most. Some in the NvS comp have as low as 0 games registered how are we going to work out their handicaps?.

Its just our society rule that only comp games go towards handicap i dont see all the games the others play only mine.

I am thinking of getting a sombrero though

user9368
Reply : Thu 25th Jan 2007 20:36

Danny, stop trying to play bad as you might get what you wish for but not when you wanted it.

user9368
Reply : Fri 26th Jan 2007 13:20

I only played net 4 under par, youd think id birdied the entire round by the response. Im playing the weekend after next and youll see my handicap is way lower than it should be, i only broke 100 three times the entire year in 2006. 

user42974
Reply : Fri 26th Jan 2007 18:51

When playing in a golf score tracker event do you use golf score tracker handicap or your club handicap?

user9368
Reply : Sun 28th Jan 2007 07:12

Rich, well done & if thats "your" society rules the yes!

Just for the record, If 39 points takes off 0.3 then 40 points as in my case would take of 0.4 (presumably) hence my handicap would come down to 22.3. At 3/4 handicap used for the forthcoming comp there is no difference when rounded off it becomes 17 either way.

BTW there will be no change to your 3/4 handicap either it stays at 13.

Thanks for the update though

Cheers Col

user9368
Reply : Mon 29th Jan 2007 11:31

Richard , Wayne

Say for example i was a member of the St Andrews golf society. Every time i played at St Andrews i would enter my card and my handicap would be adjusted accordingly. Yes?

If i then went to play at The Belfry and had the round of my life would St Andrews be interested in my card. No!

Would my society handicap be adjusted accordingly using the results from the Belfry. No!

This is the same thing, we just happen to be a nomadic society who use Golfscoretracker to calculate handicaps. Any games not played with the society (our home club) are not included as per above. I do not understand why this is so difficult to grasp.

I am aware that my handicap is artificially low a result but this would be the case in my St Andrews / Belfry example above.

If i were dishonest i would not have entered the score on the website for all unsundry to read. This includes the remainder of our society.

I am interested in the suggestion that Wayne put forward earlier because i would like to maintain a record of my true handicap but not sure how to manipulate the website to produce this and sustain a society handicap. At the moment it is irrelevant as i only play the odd game without the society and have never needed a 100% accurate GST handicap because i have not participated in any events. As we mentioned earlier it should be perhaps 0.4 lower but this does not take into account some draedful rounds from lkast year which i try not to remeber and did not even upload. Hope this has cleared it all up.

user9368
Reply : Mon 29th Jan 2007 17:22

Finally

So "my GST" handicap is a version of your "club handicap" (albeit more up to date) now all i need is a version of "your GST" handicap which encompasses all games whether competitive or not. If that makes sense

Darren, is this possible. Can i have a seperate handicap by course or by group plus an overall which includes all games. Does the software already do this as indicated in Waynes post above (sort of) or is it too much to ask?

Cheers Col (extremely relieved we got there in the end with integrity intact)

user25268
Reply : Mon 29th Jan 2007 20:28

I'm confused,surely g.s.t handicaps are unique in that you can enter all rounds[although i would'nt think its worth entreing winter rounds ] and that normal handicaps are adjusted from club comp results entered , wether home or away. if you play off say  20 at your home club then you play off 20 at any other club as its a guide to the  level of your ability. or have i got it wrong.

brian

user9368
Reply : Tue 30th Jan 2007 13:03

Its in honour of this thread, thought you'd like it

The Forums have now moved to a new version

We have now moved the forum to a new and improved system which provides more functionality plus provides easier access from desktop, tablets and smart phone devices.

Click here to view the new forum & register for free.

Scroll to top